Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Knee-jerk reaction at the end of a lovely week, I realise in retrospect it's not a sensible suggestion. I do think clubs collectively need to do more education at youth level on this kind of stuff. I'm just sick of how often these things happen and bitterly disappointed that it's a player for the club I support.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Gonna be the killjoy pointing out it was a tacky gift for his partner

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Mickolution posted:

Personally, I have found melatonin helpful. I get it on prescription, not sure about the UK.

Melatonin is only available on prescription in the UK, which sucks

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Barton also got some press cred for a little while for denouncing his brother for being an even worse piece of poo poo than he is

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Mickolution posted:

I'm not British so could be way off here, but I always got the impression that there's a difference between class and wealth, no?

There's at least 3 different understandings of what class means in the UK.

The one most people understand is just tied to wealth, but there's also the one where anyone who sells their labour is working class.

There's also a sort of caste system of class where a builder born into poverty (or a footballer, perhaps) could gain wealth and transition into having a successful business or a property portfolio and become a wealthy landlord, which would take them out of the 'working class' by the first two definitions, but would never make them good enough to be considered an equal by much of the professional middle class, let alone the upper class.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

sassassin posted:

The idea of a "middle class" was invented to divide the working class. A successful and comfortable working class person is still working class. Their income is still dependent on how their labour is valued, and subject to exploitation by the capital class.

I agree, but the reality is the UK has been indoctrinated differently.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Also how many footballers had the opportunity to piss him off by loading the dishwasher incorrectly according to his rules

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Finding out he gets mad about the dishwasher being loaded badly is the closest I've ever come to empathy with Giggs, but then I read on and found out he was running it 4 times a day and he was upset about the direction the spoons were facing and he's just completely unhinged

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
I get more wound up by my housemate loading cutlery in the front of the cutlery basket so I either have to open the dishwasher and pull out the whole drawer or reach over dirty forks to find a spot to put mine in.

But I do not care which direction they face so I'm totally normal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Blown out of proportion is an incredible choice of words in the circumstances