Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Bape Culture posted:

6 bags for an apartment in New York seems good to me

That was just the apartment for the cats. He lived in another one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Bacon Terrorist posted:

It was on the Arsenal podcast Arseblog Arsecast (maximum Arse) and he was talking about work he had done investigating the Chinese betting companies that sponsor PL teams and all the shady business involved etc, made a passing comment about it. They also said other unrelated stuff at the end and joked 'I won't say it here because you aren't based in Norway, don't want you get in trouble' so it probably is that I think.

It was an article from the publication he worked with on the Chinese/East Asian betting firms story, Josimar Football. Checking Josimar and…

Solskjaer’s Invisible Fortune

quote:

When Ole Gunnar Solskjær moved back after 15 years in England to become the new manager of Molde FK, he became tax-domiciled to Norway. All residents of Norway are required to declare all their assets to the Norwegian tax authorities, regardless of where in the world the assets are located, and whether it’s cash in the bank, property investments, stock and so on.

Once every year, the Norwegian tax authorities publicly release summarised versions of the tax returns for all the country’s taxpayers. This information consists of a person’s taxable income, the size of his/her wealth and how much tax he/she paid the previous fiscal year.
How could it be – according to his tax return – that Ole Gunnar Solskjær’s wealth amounted to only 22 million Norwegian kroners – about 2 million pounds – after having earned about 300 million kroner – or 30 million pounds – during his career?

Oops! (And there’s more about how frequent this is in Norway with footballers apparently)

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

A turn in the Pogba tale. We have witchcraft.

https://twitter.com/nigerianscamsss/status/1564005174124851200

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Mickolution posted:

I think a couple of Italian clubs had cricket teams when they were founded. Not sure if this was a reflection of it's popularity or the fact that some people wanted to act like British gents back then or something.

Genoa is technically Genoa CFC. But that was the British expats working in shipping and trade more than locals. And was apparently British only for the cricket, so.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Today I learned Gerard Pique is behind a 7-a-side league in Spain that features it’s own Midnight Rider:

https://twitter.com/kappilinho/status/1613088628829306881

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Copa Del Rey Mysterio is a very good potential username, amazing.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

the sex ghost posted:

Suspiciously lego-haired Spanish police officers charging Newcastle's best players to nobble their title chances. You read it here first

Whoa whoa whoa

That’s well north of his jurisdiction, counselor

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

trem_two posted:

akshully that club sent one of their physios to Ghana with that unnamed player to help ensure he stays healthy over the international break

https://twitter.com/Ghanasoccernet/status/1638244104030023695

Yeah this is a real weird one. Not sure if it’s injury related, or other. Or both!

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

CONCACAF baybee

https://twitter.com/ArnoldcommaJon/status/1668441060920672257

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Gigi Galli posted:

Binance must be one of the only one of these scams left with money. They're still on Lazio's shirts too.

they were part of dropping the dime on FTX, and also have been one of the exchanges skirting US law enforcement the most. I think they're still sponsoring Alpine F1 as well, but that's surely only a matter of "when it falls apart" and not "if."

ah, see above

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

jesus WEP posted:

Ronald melting down and getting hosed off to the desert was loving hilarious

Eau de MacGowan posted:

We're going to do it! We're going to stop City winning the treble! We'll absolutely stop them where they ahh gently caress gundogans scored after 12 seconds

was a huge lol

Not an empty quote, both of these were excellent comedy work.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Cannon_Fodder posted:

I, too, thirst for Oliver Skipp-slide-tackling-the-manager-from-the-sideline action

Have not confirmed if Eduardo still also has perfect LEGO-ish hair, but that’s not Mikel Arteta about to get his leg snapped enough to make William Gallas cry.

Also have no loving clue what this Oliver Skip reference is about either, somebody suggesting a player should go out and break legs at WHL this weekend?

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

joepinetree posted:

The sort of poo poo Paqueta did is the same sort of poo poo that a lot of Brazilian players were busted for doing earlier this year. And then the main names involved were suddenly bought by teams in turkey and the like. So there is obvious some sort of big international connection doing these things.

That tweet thread mentioned the bets on Paquetá were also connected with a player in Spain also getting a card the same day. So…

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

I get the feeling their big sponsors are going to tap them on the shoulder pretty soon too.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

szary posted:

lmao that this guy actually managed to make loving FIFA look like the good guys

:psyduck:

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

sticksy posted:

He knows where all the blood bags are

Oh, yes, that’s one that makes sense.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

That’s not good. Will have to read this later, if Josimar is on you that’s probably not great.

FullLeatherJacket posted:

They're not really a Ponzi scheme but definitely a front for crimes

and I've been saying so since they were in League One, to be honest

:golfclap:

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

jesus WEP posted:

that paqueta inquiry went quiet real quick. be funny if west ham reported it knowing it would go nowhere, just to scupper his transfer

I think it’s just out of the spotlight, I do remember hearing about other related guys earlier in the year. And those sort of things do take time.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Gigi Galli posted:

The guy who released all the gambling names said, out loud, yesterday that he didn’t name any Inter players because he’s a fan of the club. Completely normal thing to say and do.

:psyduck::hf::discourse:

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Thanks Ants posted:

Any Vince challenger needs to poo poo themselves and then be so powerful that they only get filmed from the waist up

Or march on down but blow both quads as they cross the touchline

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

kri kri posted:

Real Ronaldo showing him the path of living it up

I had forgotten he went to Saudi

Literally says any additional pounds are just “beauty weight”

He’s following the path of kings

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Shrapnig posted:

Smart to send him back to France where sexual assault doesn't exist.

Apparently this was in Japan while on international duty last year.

But yeah the club is backing the player, shockingly enough.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Jethro posted:

Yeah, I dunno if it's a cultural differences thing, but that's about as blatant a "this guy loving sucks, we're firing him" as I've ever seen in a public statement from any organization, in or out of sports.

As somebody who followed the USMNT under Klinsmann, it’s a lot easier to work that job living in California than to do so while leading South Korea.

And Klinsmann hasn’t exactly been doing too hot with any of his jobs in recent years anyway. I would imagine the South Korean organization went in thinking they got a scratch and dent deal and then are shocked when it had defects.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Shrapnig posted:

Ship her off to some island penal colony in the middle of nowhere imo

but she already plays in the UK

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

This is an all-timer, lmao

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

the sex ghost posted:

and threatening to sue some local councillors for violating magna carta or some such

please tell me this is the UK equivalent of sovereign citizens

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Japan has settled into having mid-afternoon kickoffs early in the season (March-May) and late on (October-November), shifting to a lot of 6 pm twilight kickoffs for the summer months. There’s no time change, so the sun is up at like 4:30 in Tokyo in June and July, and sets by 7, so that keeps things nicely out of the heat.

There’s a plan to switch to the European calendar in a couple years, which probably will mean those two will flip a little, but it avoids the worst of summer.