Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

me when The Club do another win

euroboy posted:

Also, I didn't know that match fixing was such a big problem in Belgium.

Belgium has had some pretty high profile match fixes back in the 70s and 80s (like when Standard bribed Waterschei to throw their game to win the title), was one of the first countries to get in contact with Asian betting syndicates (through the case with Zheyun Yé with current Burkina Faso manager Paul Put as one of the major people in it) and the provincial and lower national leagues are known for having a lot of money going under the table, the top division clubs are controlled too much now for it to happen. (Though Beerschot is named as the club in first division who would launder money from lower league clubs)

e: This is a pretty good documentary on the poo poo going on in the lower divisions https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCiPhXFO5XU

belgend fucked around with this message at 09:51 on Feb 15, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

Speaking of doping in football, apparently you're allowed to miss six doping controls before they get on your poo poo, as opposed to two in every other sport.

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

Ninpo posted:

This doesn't ring true, given Rio's ban for missing one.

Maybe the FA actually is decent on that, but over here several players have missed two without any complainet and apparently they're only following FIFA's norm.

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

Tokyo Sexwale posted:

I'm thinking a fair few of them don't really believe they can ever get them

no bro trust me just eat an orange and play in the dirt

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

Nainggolan got caught drinking and driving in Antwerp and lost his license https://www.hln.be/antwerp/valse-st...flegt~a21017d9/

Mind you he only got back a week ago