Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

Dias posted:

he went back to Portugal, this time playing for Benfica. Again, he was Europe's top scorer with 42 goals in 30 matches, winning all three Portuguese national titles.

Nah, he came to my club Sporting and that's where he led us to the title and scored all those goals, he never played for Benfica. He's a legend here in Portugal because we (Porto and Sporting fans) only had to put up with him when he was one of the best strikers in the world, his downfall only came when he moved away though his taste for the night life was already pretty notorious when he played in Portugal, not only alcohol and drugs but also gambling. Rarely have I seen such a prolific poacher, he didn't do much for the team but he was always in the right place to score thus his ridiculous goal record, in recent times Falcao was obviously an icon for Porto but even he didn't come close to the impact Jardel had in that team, which should give people an idea of his talent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
if he doesn't find a club Ched Evans will always have a place on the Something Awful moderation team

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
I'll admit I haven't followed this story too closely but looking at the pictures of the two supposed perpetrators, Ched Evans and Clayton McDonald, I get the feeling that there might be more to the story than what we know. Evans is a good looking guy, looks like he could be my brother or close friend and honestly doesn't seem like a bad guy and I think he might've just taken a joke too far, maybe even got goaded into it by Clayton. We all know about peer pressure. Call it a hunch really, and although I've read some transcripts and Clayton is surprisingly articulate (for a footballer) there's something about him that just screams agressor, animalistic urges, violence. Anyway I'm sure most of you know more about this than I do, just had to give my 2 cents.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

Bape Culture posted:

Id gently caress em all. If they hadn't been with a black I mean.

wow

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
wasn't it just a few kisses and gropes? not really a big deal. wouldn't mind my club signing the lad, he's a pretty good player. just have to make sure we lock up our daughters first haha

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
That news story doesn't really have anything to do with football

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
Cool, let's turn this forum into whiny TFF over a news story that has nothing to do with football. I guess if they'd found a guitar in the killer's house this would have been posted over in the music forum

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
Good

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
England should just forget about football and come up with a new sport, maybe focus on that instead. It worked for the Americans.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
The court of public opinion is once again successful at glorifying hearsay and robbing a hard-working young man of precious years of his life and of a thriving footballing career. Shameful how this whole process was conducted. The UK should take a long hard look at itself after this.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
I knew it all along
that Ched Evans did nothing wrong
just like Hitler and the jews
who bit off more than they could chew

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

cool anecdotal eastern europian casual racism you fuckwit

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

Zaodai posted:

It says something to how well known soccer is here in the States that it takes 9 years for one of the most famous soccer players on the planet to be identified as the rapist. Shouldn't have had all those advertising deals, Ronaldo! She'd have never found you.

Or maybe she just saw that bronze bust of him, because if that thing was in a police lineup everybody on Earth would identify him as a rapist.

isn't this the chick that's been saying this for years and the one der spiegel already made a story on a couple of years ago?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
Nothing's gonna come out of this, just like nothing happened a couple of years ago when this chick popped up the first time and Der Shitgel started reporting on this. Ten years ago she decided to settle whatever this is out of court and got paid a hefty sum for it, now the money has probably run out so she's shopping around the fake story to the highest bidder and the SJWs are eating it right up. No wonder now that the #metoo movement has died out and they need something else to be outraged about. The woman and her lawyers signed a contract ten years ago, now they have decided its null and void (translation: more money please) and are using that as an excuse to violate its terms. Is nothing sacred anymore? Apparently not.
She should be ashamed. And sad that this is how German media has tried to steer the focus away from their WC failure and German players cuddling with foreign dictators, their uncompetitive league that is losing all its viewers, also the rise of the far-right movement in the country. Meanwhile 0 world wars, 0 real world cups and 0 real ballon d'ors, and they're gossiping like women instead of dealing with their very real problems. The next Hitler is right around the corner in that cesspool of a country, and we'll need all the brave men like Ronaldo to bear arms and fight this evil again. I know what side I'll be on.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)