Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

atomic gog posted:

Manchester United 'ace' Ryan Tunnicliffe has been arrested for drink driving. He's written off his brand new Range Rover driving it around an industrial estate when he was pissed.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4588471/Ryan-Tunnicliffe-nicked-drink-driving.html

Ffs.

Still, there's this:

"MAN UTD captain Nemanja Vidic has given £100,000 for a new house to the dad of a former Red Star Belgrade team-mate who died in his Serbian homeland."

:3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Bobby Digital posted:

A manager hoverhand he own son. A shameful manager.

I don't think that's his son, Bobby Digital.

e: Wirth! :argh:

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Dunban posted:

The same way you might recommend a great restaurant to your friends, rich footballers recommend high-class underage prostitutes to each other.

Fixed.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

belgend posted:

Speaking of doping in football, apparently you're allowed to miss six doping controls before they get on your poo poo, as opposed to two in every other sport.

This doesn't ring true, given Rio's ban for missing one.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Rhyl Sun Centre is a red herring, it's a local tradition to make sure there's a poo poo in the building at all times.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
No surprise there, Juventus were ridiculous in the 90s.

Makes that 99 semi final even sweeter though :smug:

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

The Clit Avoider posted:

Fergie's "too good for the FA Cup" United

United never requested to pull out of the FA Cup stop talking bollocks.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

trem_two posted:

Raheem Sterling was arrested for assault last night, according to the Daily Mail.

Did he punch someone for making fun of his hair? Or did he punch someone for making fun of his running?

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

T. Finninho posted:

Really really disappointed, thought he'd learned from the assault charge last year and had put this behind him. I do think Rodgers is the right manager to straighten him out though.

Well, he did a cracking job with his own son.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Zlatan Imhobitch posted:

Raheem sterling is a good lad and maybe was in the right so I won't judge him. Would drink a pint with for sure.

I'm struggling to come up with a scenario that results in slapping his girlfriend being the right thing to do.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

St Evan Echoes posted:

That's a bit of a dihydrogen monoxide-type story. Nitrous oxide is basically harmless afaik

Not when you're recreationally huffing it, it's not. It's also used as a general anaesthetic, which dentists won't do anymore due to the risks involved.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Delroy Facey, ex Bolton, Derby County player is one of those arrested in connection with match fixing.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Bea Nanner posted:

Anything ever come of this?

Gonna do a big lol to myself and otherwise leave it here because welp lol

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Bloody hell. :stare:

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Scott Bakula posted:

All they need to do is find someone with huge gambling debts

Or even someone piss poor with their money and go through it at a rate of knots, which to be fair isn't particularly unusual for footballers.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

pointsofdata posted:

In order for the bookies to be offering these spot bets in the first place there must be loads of legitimate punters. Who are they? Why is anyone betting on "Number of throw ins before ten minute mark" or w/e?

People good at "micro" betting can earn decent money over time with smallish stakes. Fiver on throws/yellows/reds/corners, over under etc etc. The lines exist because bookies want people to gamble obviously, more lines means more gambling opportunities. Suddenly people will spread X amount of cash on different things in a match as opposed to only being able to chuck money at a result or what have you. Over/under on corners is a logical continuation of being able to bet on the result (W/L/X), score, over/unders on goals, first/anytime goalscorer etc etc.

You can bet on almost anything with bookies nowadays, which makes spot fixing much easier to do and you'd need to be paying a fair bit of attention to spot something like a throw in within 10 minutes or something being done deliberately.

e: Obviously the bets are placed on markets in Asia simply because a big lumped sum on a benign event in a match that pays out, especially if it starts happening with any regularity, would be picked up by the bookies here and reported immediately.

Ninpo fucked around with this message at 12:07 on Dec 9, 2013

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Thel posted:

Yeah I was going to make that point. Don't PL referees make like £80k a year or something?

Again, though, too much exposure. Better off getting the referee of some Georgian third-division game some hookers and blow.

They can make up to 60k iirc depending on appearances/expenses claims.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Smiley Face posted:

Were Kitson and Sodje playing for Reading at the same time?

Yes. 2003-2008 then 2009 on loan for Kitson, Sodje was there 2006-2009.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
DJ Campbell has released a statement:

DJ Campbell posted:

I am 100% innocent, and hope to be available for Blackburn's 1-1 draw this Saturday.

Rumours are floating around that the match Cascarino was referring to was the Boro 8-1 City match. Nothing riding on the match and it was the sacking of Sven and all the Thaksin nonsense was going on at the time, when the players weren't sure if they were getting paid.

Ninpo fucked around with this message at 14:20 on Dec 10, 2013

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Beckham wanked over a picture of Clayton Blackmore lmao.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

EvilHawk posted:

It's not as if it's much of a distance from Newcastle to Manchester either

Are you American? Because gently caress driving that with any regularity.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

EvilHawk posted:

No I'm not - what I meant was that he's not exactly living in a different country from his friends and family. It's not a journey I'd want to make every day or anything, but it's certainly close enough to maintain family ties, friendship groups etc. Compare this to people coming from different continents, or even opposite ends of the country, it's really not surprising footballers get up to stupid poo poo without a support group around them.

Ah right, I misunderstood.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

the sex ghost posted:

That could be any fat drug addict with a bad haircut

That could be any what?

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

St Evan Echoes posted:

To be fair Clegg is the MP for Sheffield Hallem so it is very much within his remit to comment on a big news story about the city.

He's also contributed to the misery of more individuals than Ched Evans has so he can gently caress off.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Byolante posted:

Suarez got punished inside the bounds of acts happening during a football match and eventually got chased out of leagues with standards and into a tin pot second tier league. The long and short of the Ched Evans saga is if he admitted fault, showed remorse and moved on this wouldn't be an issue.

Yes it would, the only difference would be some athlete and sponsors would be pissy over a self confessed rapist being involved with Sheffield United.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Chocolate Teapot posted:

I was wondering when I'd see the "Luis Suarez is worse than Ched Evans" post.

That's not what was said though. If Ched Evans was as good as Luis Suarez he probably wouldn't be struggling to find a club and to be perfectly honest, with all the extra money he'd have from being much better than he is, may not even have been convicted at all.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

CareyB posted:

Edit: by privilegded position of power and/or influence it's based on that persons connection with the general public. Footballers have quite a lot of that. Teachers have a lot of that too, as do doctors, and as has been said, he can no longer do either of those jobs.

Can you honestly not see the difference between a rapey footballer being on a football pitch doing football things and a rapey doctor or rapey teacher being allowed back into their profession where they have a duty of care and ample opportunity to be alone with people that would be directly at risk of said rapeyness?

Because if not you're a loving moron.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Jose posted:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/liverpool-captain-steven-gerrard-threw-4701457

Gerrard and his mates kicked the poo poo out of some guy and video of it was then used to try and blackmail him

He's a scouse thug which should come as no surprise to anyone.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

sassassin posted:

If more english players could adapt to playing abroad they wouldn't have this problem.

Playing a broad is why he's in this mess!

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
That's quite a meltdown :stare:

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

St Evan Echoes posted:

Are you taking notes?

Idgi?

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/england-international-jake-livermore-suspended-5703174

Haha loving hell.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Byolante posted:

Australia tried to but ended up concluding that its a religion even if its a pack of charlattans pushing terrible messages.

Surely that's what led to them concluding that it's a religion?

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Isn't he Muslim? They're allowed loads aren't they?

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

sassassin posted:

He could have died of exposure/random Birmingham fan passing by.

Or a pikey.

Exposure at night in Tenerife??

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
_______________/

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Byolante posted:

Do you think he is a hillsborough denier?

96 was not enough

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

"6 million was not enough"...?

No?

I'll get me coat.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Brony Car posted:

It was just that someone beat you to that joke:

:stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

JFairfax posted:

sorry for doxxing Ninpo

Danny Hornby, from Fleetwood, Lancashire, was forced into hiding by death threats after posting a picture on his Twitter page of a tattoo on his back which reads '96wne'.

The letters 'wne' are thought to stand for 'was not enough'.

This was a sick reference to the 96 Reds fans who died at the FA Cup semi final between Liverpool and Nottingham Forest on April 15, 1989.

The tattoo sparked outrage among internet users who threatened to injure and even kill him.

Hornby, 22, reported to be a Manchester United fan, has apologised for the wording and vowed to remove the tattoo. But police urged him to move out until the uproar dies down.

Police had to step in because 22-year-old Hornby, from Fleetwood, Lancashire, feared for his life after fleeing his home with his girlfriend.

His parents, mother Kath and father Garry and younger sister Laura, have also moved out of the terrace house after the address was put on scores of internet ­forums.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...l#ixzz3pnOWsMbD

My police protection housing is pretty awesome tbh