Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

blue footed boobie posted:

You're not supposed to gently caress anyone on the team bus, Vyelkin.

Don't knock it til you try it, bro

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

trem_two posted:

Frimpong was sent off with a straight red for reacting to a fan racially abusing him today against Spartak Moscow

Stay classy, Russia

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

Offensiveness aside, it sucks that the internet makes it possible to ruin an entire family's life just because their dumbass son and brother decides to get a lovely tattoo.

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

Masonity posted:

He should have gone to Arsenal instead.

Imagine if he had and then all this poo poo came out, lol

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

I honestly thought you were making that up at first but lol nope

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/35894881

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

Holy poo poo

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

lol what was he even doing in LA anyway

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

Shrapnig posted:

I wonder what is going to happen to him since he's a Canadian citizen with a US green card.

If you get a DWI in the US that's grounds for not being admitted into Canada since DWI is a felony in Canada.

Not sure if the distinction matters but the player is being charged with a DUI, not DWI.

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

Shrapnig posted:

Doesn't change the penalties in the US, one is just used to encompass non-alcohol impairment.

Right, but I was referring to what you were saying about DWI being a felony in Canada and thus our friend Cyle might not be able to go back. DUI treated the same in that case or differently?

Probs goes without saying but I know poo poo about Canadian law

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

African AIDS cum posted:

lol no you don't lose Canadian citizenship for getting a DUI

Um that's not what I asked or said

Shrapnig posted:

I was just stating the fact that Canada can deny you entry to the country if you have a DUI conviction in the US.

This is what I was referring to

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

I guess I misread Shrapnig's original post. When he said -

Shrapnig posted:

If you get a DWI in the US that's grounds for not being admitted into Canada since DWI is a felony in Canada.

I thought he was talking about the specific case that was linked. I didn't realize he was making a general statement referring to non-Canadian citizens. But hey it's been cleared up now and I did, in fact, not think it through

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

Vagabundo posted:

I don't even remember him ever playing for Chelsea.

this is also a good time to have a laugh and remember Pato played for them as well

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

TheRat posted:

https://twitter.com/sistoney67/status/1621197887378964480

Hopefully this means they're looking into how to terminate his contract

It's worth remembering that Adam Johnson was literally still playing matches for Sunderland up until the day he plead guilty, and it was only after that that his contract was terminated.

Frankly, there's no reason for United to terminate his contract at this point and I'd fully expect him to be back training soon.

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

Literally Lewis Hamilton posted:

Yeah Sunderland’s management were completely disgusting and the CEO resigned in disgrace, not sure this is the reference point you want to use here

I was more meaning that, in general, clubs will find reasons not to terminate an asset until it's critical. Shrapnig mentioned Mendy as another example (even though I'm not sure he's played at all through this whole thing) and arguably Partey could count as well, though I'm admittedly a little hazy on the whole legal situation behind him.

Like, don't get me wrong: Greenwood is gross and should be nowhere near a football pitch, but I think the best we're going to get is United quietly loaning/selling him somewhere so they can still make some cash off him. Perhaps that's overly cynical of me, and I'd love to be proven otherwise, but history isn't exactly rife with examples of clubs terminating contracts without convictions.

edit: though I guess United did terminate Ronaldo's contract for simply making GBS threads on the club to Piers Morgan so hey what the hell do I know

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Feb 2, 2023

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

Jesus, I can’t believe that was 4 years ago already.

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

Gambling: worse than biting and racism

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

This being an FA charge, Toney could theoretically go play abroad, right? And, if so, could he do it as a loan or would that not be allowed since he'd technically still be a Brentford player?

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

Dudley posted:

I like his last few tweets consists entirely of saying he will not be ruled by any government.

Then praising a government scheme to help footballers.

Gonna be funny when he moves to Saud

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

Eric Cantonese posted:

Isn't this a little late? Man-U has been very unfunny under Ten Hag.

Idk, I laughed a lot during the 7-0

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

the sex ghost posted:

Remember when he was the thinking man's footballer because he listened to the smiths. Lmao

Also he read Dracula

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

Here’s a Daily Mail article about it. It’s quite vague, as other posters have already alluded to.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...olice-raid.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

I honestly don't think Wolves would issue a statement like that in a vacuum. I'm guessing some young Wolves players actually did get harassed or threatened on socials or even on their personal phones/at home, which triggered the club to take action by way of that post.