Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VikingofRock
Aug 24, 2008

Hey so I'm trying to set up flycheck with a C++ project, but I can't get it to find boost files and I can't seem to find the answer online. I think I must be missing something obvious.

My .dir-locals.el file is:

Lisp code:
(c++-mode
  (flycheck-clang-include-path (list "/usr/local/include/"))
  (flycheck-gcc-include-path (list "/usr/local/include/"))
  (flycheck-clang-language-standard . "c++14")
  (flycheck-gcc-language-standard . "c++14"))
And my code contains the line:

C++ code:
#include <boost/optional.hpp>
This line gets marked as an error by flycheck, saying "'boost/optional.hpp' file not found (c/c++-clang)".

However, /usr/local/include/boost/optional.hpp definitely exists and this whole thing compiles just fine with clang. So what stupid thing am I doing wrong?

Edit: Welp, I added an extra set of parentheses around the whole thing and it seems to have fixed things. I'm not really sure I understand why that made a difference, so I'm gonna change my question to that.

VikingofRock fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Jan 14, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VikingofRock
Aug 24, 2008

There Will Be Penalty posted:

The contents of .dir-locals.el is a list (the top level of parentheses after you fixed your file) that can contain multiple mappings (each mapping being your second level of parentheses, a cons of a mode and an association list). What you had in that file before you fixed it was just one mapping. See a clearer example:

https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/emacs/Directory-Variables.html

Oooh that makes sense. I really need to go through some more lisp tutorials sometime to make this all more intuitive.

• Locked thread