Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
duck monster
Dec 15, 2004

I'm getting back into emacs after nearly 20 years away from it. I've kind of kludged together a setup for working on php and django but theres somethiing thats driving me nuts

When I use Ctl-3 to split the window, whenever I click the right window it kind of flips out and pulls some sort of menu completion thingo down the bottom I've got the top menu wired to F10 so I dont know whats happening , but the mouse straight up doesnt work in the right window.

Any idea how to fix this poo poo? Ctl-K-h tells me its tmm-menubar-mouse thats running in the right window, but the left window works fine (getting window focus, selecting regions , etc)

Its driving me to drink

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duck monster
Dec 15, 2004

aerique posted:

Maybe a screenshot if you get no reactions? It doesn't sound familiar to me.

This happens when I click the buffer on the right hand side.

duck monster
Dec 15, 2004

dobbymoodge posted:

Are you running in a terminal? The terminal may be sending the wrong mouse event to emacs. I'm not even sure emacs has mouse support in terminal mode, or how it compares to native mode.

Try using c-x o to switch windows instead?

Yeah I'm doing that. The mouse works perfectly in the left window, but in the right window nothing works and it just does nonsense things.

Its on a remote terminal from home.

duck monster
Dec 15, 2004

eh.. worked it out in the end. It seems that its to do with screen. under tmux it doesnt happen, but under screen mouse handles weird

• Locked thread