Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

WhiffleballDude posted:

What I was thinking is that the eyecatches will be different variations of all the Strawhats walking, with someone's "item" in the foreground. Like Zoro's swords, Nami's tangerines/pinwheel, maybe Sogeking's mask.

Sogeking isn't a Straw Hat, though. Did you perhaps confuse him with someone else in the crew?

JosephWongKS fucked around with this message at 14:46 on Oct 4, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

JosephWongKS posted:

Sogeking isn't a Straw Hat, though. Did you perhaps confuse him with someone else in the crew?

So then why's this guy hanging around with 'em?

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

WhiffleballDude posted:

What I was thinking is that the eyecatches will be different variations of all the Strawhats walking, with someone's "item" in the foreground. Like Zoro's swords, Nami's tangerines/pinwheel, maybe Sogeking's mask.

That seems like what they're going for here, I like it. I really hated those last eyecatches they did and I really miss the bounty posters, though.

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011

WhiffleballDude posted:

So then why's this guy hanging around with 'em?

Misinformation. They brought this up during Enies Lobby actually, Sogeking is just Usopp's good friend.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
I've got a theory that Usopp accidentally ate a devil fruit and Sogeking is the manifestation of his power.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Suspicious Lump posted:

I've got a theory that Usopp accidentally ate a devil fruit and Sogeking is the manifestation of his power.

I much prefer Usopp as the Batman of the group.

He was already the gadget guy, and now's he's spent years training with the best martial artists in the world a guy in a beetle suit.

Bobulus fucked around with this message at 10:35 on Oct 5, 2011

Loanarn
May 28, 2004

This is why I beat hookers.

Sgt. at Arms
I already miss Franky's hair and Popeye arms.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!

Loanarn posted:

I already miss Franky's hair and Popeye arms.

Franky is the only one whose redesign feels less interesting than the original. I can forgive it because Brook is the most amazing thing.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

RabidWeasel posted:

Franky is the only one whose redesign feels less interesting than the original. I can forgive it because Brook is the most amazing thing.

I kind of agree, mainly for his new haircut. I miss the big floofy semi-pompadour.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer

RabidWeasel posted:

I really hope Brook loses those glasses - please tell me he does.

Jupiter Jazz
Jan 13, 2007

by sebmojo
Man, I can't wait for you anime only folks to see if you change your tune on Franky's design. I wasn't fond of it myself at first either, but it grows on you.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Himuro posted:

Man, I can't wait for you anime only folks to see if you change your tune on Franky's design. I wasn't fond of it myself at first either, but it grows on you.

I still prefer his old arms, but that's just because I don't like square forearms.

Edit: Oh god, the new design Franky cosplay has already begun.

Cuchulain
May 15, 2007

My tiny godly CoX shall burn forever!

Shadow0 posted:

I really hope Brook loses those glasses - please tell me he does.

He's got Spades for Shades. His glasses are a skull joke.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
Yeah I kind of hated Franky's design at first, and to be honest I still prefer his original, but it definitely got better over time for whatever reason.

Jupiter Jazz
Jan 13, 2007

by sebmojo
ONE PIECE episode 518 - AN EXPLOSIVE SITUATION! LUFFY VS. FAKE LUFFY!

It's up

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
It sucks hard, massive long cock not being in America.

Franky's design is odd-balls. Love Robin's/Usopp's new look!

What the hell is Nami doing in a dangerous bar with a bikini top on?

Liar
Dec 14, 2003

Smarts > Wisdom
So Luffy is fake Robin... I'm disappointed, I really hoped he'd be fake Chopper's growl.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
Seeing those two Luffys at once made everything so confusing to follow :( I couldn't really tell, who voiced Fake Zoro?

KoB
May 1, 2009

Momomo posted:

Seeing those two Luffys at once made everything so confusing to follow :( I couldn't really tell, who voiced Fake Zoro?

Fake Zoro was Usopp
Fake Sanji was Zoro
Fake Robin was Nami
Fake Chopper was Luffy.

Liar
Dec 14, 2003

Smarts > Wisdom

KoB posted:

Fake Robin was Nami

Are you sure? It sounded to me like Fake Robin was played by Luffy.

Also anyone else feel dissapointed that Luffy didn't believe that Sogeking was the real Sogeking?

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011

Liar posted:

So Luffy is fake Robin... I'm disappointed, I really hoped he'd be fake Chopper's growl.

I think you actually got this backwards.

I wish Robin was Fake Chopper though that would have been funny.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
The pickle scene was executed flawlessly.

Anony Mouse
Jan 30, 2005

A name means nothing on the battlefield. After a week, no one has a name.
Lipstick Apathy
Hahaha, "I NEED LADY!"

Duval's "wink" gets me every drat time, too.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Gyges posted:

Edit: Oh god, the new design Franky cosplay has already begun.

Oh god.. I think I'm going to be sick in my mouth a little..

Crappy nipple flashlights and even the boxes are sweating.. You fat gently caress, you're the reason everyone thinks anime fans are creepy as hell.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Infinitum posted:

Crappy nipple flashlights and even the boxes are sweating.. You fat gently caress, you're the reason everyone thinks anime fans are creepy as hell.

At least he's not cosplaying Nami or Robin.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Infinitum posted:

Is this seriously that horrifying? You might be overreacting a little.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Okay, this episode made me like the Fakehats a little more. The swapped voice actors thing is pretty funny. So I guess fake Brook will be voiced by Robin?

Metamucil
May 10, 2011
Nobody knows Brook is a Strawhat, or he wouldn't be a world-famous rock star.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Captain Invictus posted:

The pickle scene was executed flawlessly.

Yeah, that was goddamned perfect.

Fuckshoes
Jul 11, 2001

sup ladies

Momomo posted:

Seeing those two Luffys at once made everything so confusing to follow :(
Seriously, that scene confused me as well. They at least should have made Fake Luffy look somewhat different.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Fuckshoes posted:

Seriously, that scene confused me as well. They at least should have made Fake Luffy look somewhat different.

If they didn't look identical, no-one in Sabaody would have confused Fake Luffy for the real one. At least they compromised for our sake by giving Fake Luffy a different voice actor.

Liar
Dec 14, 2003

Smarts > Wisdom

JosephWongKS posted:

If they didn't look identical, no-one in Sabaody would have confused Fake Luffy for the real one. At least they compromised for our sake by giving Fake Luffy a different voice actor.

Yeah but I never watched an episode of One Piece ever before today so that doesn't help me. My only clue as to who was who was that the real Luffy immediately laid down and took a nap with his crew after the fake one bumped him. If there's anything that screams real Luffy to me it's someone just napping whenever he feels like it regardless of the situation he's in.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
There are very few things on the internet that annoy me more then trying to watch an officially streamed program that stops every five seconds while the ads run flawlessly.

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

Would you like some tofu?

No love for Zoro's scene? I thought they handled it perfectly.

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer

CubanMissile posted:

There are very few things on the internet that annoy me more then trying to watch an officially streamed program that stops every five seconds while the ads run flawlessly.

They just want to make sure you know about Gillette ProGlide razors, man. They're looking out for you.

Indiana_Krom
Jun 18, 2007
Net Slacker

ThingOne posted:

I only watched it about 10 times, it definitely hit all the right notes.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

ThingOne posted:

I wonder if he got a sword upgrade in the last two years. Last I remember he had two really high end swords and one pretty good one.

I love Sanji and Usopp's facial hair, but I think it'll be a while before Usopp's and Zoro's outfits grow on me. And I don't think I've seen Sanji smoke yet, which I find disconcerting.

bondster
May 6, 2007

(episode spoilers)He was smoking in Shakky's bar

Astro Ambulance
Dec 25, 2008

I doubt he got a sword upgrade, because all his swords are ludicrous now. If I remember correctly, hes got the flashbackstory sword, the cursed one from Loguetown, and the black one he got from the mummy guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I thought the cursed one was the one that got eaten by a dude with the rust-rust fruit in the Water Seven arc.