Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Liar
Dec 14, 2003

Smarts > Wisdom

Suspicious Lump posted:

They keep dragging the fakehats out. It's getting really irritating.

The Fakehats are awesome. I'd happily sit by and watch an entire arc about them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jupiter Jazz
Jan 13, 2007

by sebmojo

Suspicious Lump posted:

They keep dragging the fakehats out. It's getting really irritating.

They're not dragging them out at all.

Anony Mouse
Jan 30, 2005

A name means nothing on the battlefield. After a week, no one has a name.
Lipstick Apathy
Yeah, it's only been like 3 episodes. Hardly dragging...

I like everyone's new looks... except for Franky. He looks so weird. I can't get over his new hairstyle, either. It's so un-Franky of him. Oh well... :(

bondster
May 6, 2007

I really hope Sanji's "I NEED LADY" becomes a running catchphrase that the anime runs with.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

Anony Mouse posted:

I like everyone's new looks... except for Franky. He looks so weird. I can't get over his new hairstyle, either. It's so un-Franky of him. Oh well... :(

I'm sure you'll get used to him. Admittedly I still prefer the old design but the new one doesn't bother me nearly as much as it used to.

bondster
May 6, 2007

This got posted in the manga thread

Leave it there until the bit from the new opening finishes, then prepare to cry beautiful tears.

Astro Ambulance
Dec 25, 2008

We WA!
Fake Luffy is now Wario.

User0015
Nov 24, 2007

Please don't talk about your sexuality unless it serves the ~narrative~!
I can't even explain it, but Zoro losing his eye bothers me more than anything else. Franky's change isn't a big deal in comparison.

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

User0015 posted:

I can't even explain it, but Zoro losing his eye bothers me more than anything else. Franky's change isn't a big deal in comparison.

It bothers me because he doesn't have an eyepatch. You're a PIRATE, man. Come on.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Nechronic posted:

It bothers me because he doesn't have an eyepatch. You're a PIRATE, man. Come on.
Actually, does any one piece character even have an eyepatch? I can't think of one, but I have awful memory when it comes to minor villains.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Endorph posted:

Actually, does any one piece character even have an eyepatch? I can't think of one, but I have awful memory when it comes to minor villains.

There isn't any, deliberately according to an old Oda interview. He's saving the eyepatch for a specific character. No clues to who yet. Rumor/hope mill says Luffy in the future, but who knows.

Cuchulain
May 15, 2007

My tiny godly CoX shall burn forever!
There is exactly one Stereotypical pirate spread across different characters. Zeff's got the only peg leg, Crocodile has the only hook, Roger's coat, Blackbeard's hat, etc.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Cuchulain posted:

There is exactly one Stereotypical pirate spread across different characters. Zeff's got the only peg leg, Crocodile has the only hook, Roger's coat, Blackbeard's hat, etc.

I feel real bad for the guy who got stuck with the scurvy.

Astro Ambulance
Dec 25, 2008

Gyges posted:

I feel real bad for the guy who got stuck with the scurvy.

Yosaku?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Well, Shiki had sword legs, which are sorta like peglegs only a lot cooler.

Liar
Dec 14, 2003

Smarts > Wisdom
Rob Lucci had a bird on his shoulder... Not a parrot, but it wore a loving tie so that's like 50 times better than a parrot.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Cuchulain posted:

I just figured out what One Piece is. It's a one-piece outfit combining all of the above features. The possessor and wielder of One Piece becomes the Pirate King by virtue of being the most stereotypical pirate in the world.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
One Piece is the world's only eyepatch.

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost
I wish Brooke would wear two eyepatches. Not like he needs eyes to see anyway.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Nechronic posted:

I wish Brooke would wear two eyepatches. Not like he needs eyes to see anyway.
:yohoho:

Had to do it.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
New Episode is up. Hope you're ready for a concert.

Liar
Dec 14, 2003

Smarts > Wisdom
So much filler... And I love every second of it!

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
I take it back. The fake hats ARE awesome. Luffy is voiced by Sanji voice actor? He is awesome.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Liar posted:

filler

Pretty sure everything in this episode was right from the manga?

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011
Nope, Brook pouring the water on himself didn't happen in the manga, some of Caribou's speech to his brother was added, and everything about Brook's final song was new (thought it was really nice.)

KoB
May 1, 2009
And Franky continues to be the best Strawhat.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Scratchman Apoo posted:

Nope, Brook pouring the water on himself didn't happen in the manga, some of Caribou's speech to his brother was added, and everything about Brook's final song was new (thought it was really nice.)

To me, filler is the poo poo we got during previous arcs where half the episode was flashbacks to three episodes before that.

30 seconds of Brook splashing himself with a water bottle is not filler in my book.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Scratchman Apoo posted:

I like to think of Brook's song as something that was cut from the manga rather than filler added to the anime.

Liar
Dec 14, 2003

Smarts > Wisdom

JosephWongKS posted:

I like to think of Brook's song as something that was cut from the manga rather than filler added to the anime.

I was counting the songs as filler simply because obviously the manga can only say that a song happened. But I count it as filler in the absolute most amazing way possible. gently caress, Brooks song could be the show's new intro and I'd be happy.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Quick Part 1 Q: I'm upto around ep 300 and have run out of K-F subs, and there seems to be a gap until I can start watching the series streamed on the official site. Any recommendations on a good sub group?

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

AnacondaHL posted:

Quick Part 1 Q: I'm upto around ep 300 and have run out of K-F subs, and there seems to be a gap until I can start watching the series streamed on the official site. Any recommendations on a good sub group?

Not really. Unless things have changed since I watched through the series about 2 years ago, you just sort of have to jump around to various groups. I never found a consistent way to get through those hundred or so episodes. Hell back when I was watching, it was more like 150, K-F was only about halfway through Water 7 I think.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
I believe I was following Vegapunk subs during that time period, though their website seems to be gone now. You're still going to have jump around a bit though since they ended slowing down like every other One Piece fansub group, though not too much compared to earlier. I think after Vegapunk is Nakama subs, then you can start watching official at 391. Unless you really care about image quality, I'd say just watch on a streaming site till you've caught up to official subs.

Allarion fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Oct 23, 2011

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
Oh man, Brook's speech about Luffy and how he's going to be the Pirate King made me choke up. Lame, but true. It's just that, looking back on all these years of the Straw Hats bonding together and getting stronger and seeing them develop into legitimate bad-asses feared/recognized by the world and actually becoming a force to be reckoned with like Shank's group is amazing.

I swear the ending of all of this is going to make me cry like a bitch. :blush: It will be awesome!

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost
If you told me a year ago that I was going to start watching an anime that would make me cry over a talking boat I probably would have punched you in the face.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

KoB posted:

And Franky continues to be the best Strawhat.

At the rate he's going, he'll end up being the Strawhat's next ship himself. Nah, they'll probably just float on Nami or Robin's boobs.

Gaylor Moon
Apr 6, 2005

Gender? I hardly know'er

Nechronic posted:

If you told me a year ago that I was going to start watching an anime that would make me cry over a talking boat I probably would have punched you in the face.

This so hard. No one believes me when I tell them this exact sentence, but then we watch Eneies lobby and where is your manliness now?

Edit: Watching the new episode right now and I am cracking the gently caress up at Franky trying to impress Chopper and Usopp. That whole scene is magic.

Gaylor Moon fucked around with this message at 08:15 on Oct 24, 2011

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

Rotten rear end Joe posted:

Edit: Watching the new episode right now and I am cracking the gently caress up at Franky trying to impress Chopper and Usopp. That whole scene is magic.

Oh no no no. Franky didn't try to impress them, Franky impressed them almost to death.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."

CubanMissile posted:

Oh no no no. Franky didn't try to impress them, Franky impressed them almost to death-mecha.

There ya go.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
Random, but what is everyone's favorite opening theme? I didn't know what to think of the new opening at first, but now it's easily my favorite theme out of the fifteen so far. I also really liked the fourteenth one at the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

OrangeGuy posted:

Random, but what is everyone's favorite opening theme? I didn't know what to think of the new opening at first, but now it's easily my favorite theme out of the fifteen so far. I also really liked the fourteenth one at the time.
We Are holds a special place in my heart, of course, but I was also a big fan of Kokoro no Chizu, Brand New World, and Jungle P.

The new one is definitely one of the best though, if not my new favorite. "Ichi Ni Sunshine Yon" is entirely too much fun to say.