Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

Ccs posted:

Anyone check out the live action series? I watched 20 minutes and figured I might like it better with a japanese dub, but there's no option for a japanese dub on netflix.

It seems fairly well cast but can't fully escape the same feeling the Bleach live action movie had, where its just earnest cosplayers trying their hardest to sell material that doesn't sound right in live action.

I haven’t watched it yet, but Netflix has confirmed a Japanese dub.

Here is the trailer

https://youtube.com/watch?v=upJ3Rk4e1d8&si=lBJ1SRm87R69xQR7

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

Freakazoid_ posted:

Teen/early adult Kaido seemed kinda cool, if he hadn't gone full nietsczhe.

Has the captain of the rocks pirates been shown yet? I think he's only been mentioned in the anime so far, not actually shown, but if he showed up in one of the movies maybe I oughta watch that.

Very little.

https://onepiece.fandom.com/wiki/Rocks_D._Xebec

Seems like he was mostly a character used to show why Roger trusted Garp.

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

Shadow0 posted:

Didn't he say they'd meet at the Pirate Summit? Nvm, Ace told Luffy that.
Still, I was sure they weren't going to meet yet, so I was mostly just waiting for him to decline. Also, I don't think they would have bothered showing the crew asking to see him, he would have just went.

But these last few episodes have been way, way better than all the fight ones. The pacing is so much better. I honestly kept thinking the episode was about to end several times during the last one and was pleasantly surprised when it kept going. Real good stuff.

I was pretty surprised when Yamato said he wanted to join the Strawhats; the crew already feels very bloated, and I'm not sure there's any position not yet filled on the ship. I guess he's had those little eyecatcher commercial break things hinting at him being more important than the other characters.

I don’t read the manga so even if I’m right these aren’t spoilers. Just my understanding. I’ll spoiler them anyway just in case even though they only contain info from released episodes.

The ability to read the phoneglyphs and translate the path to the one piece is a secret passed down by Oden’s family, and the reason Oden was so important for Roger’s journey.

Yamato has read over and over all of Oden’s travel journals, and presumably now understands how to do that. I would assume mono has not learned this secret due to what happened in Wano.

For Luffy, Yamato is going to be his Oden, their translator.

Plus, Yamato is the best addition to the straw hats (if it actually happens) since Franky.

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

Tokelau All Star posted:

Isn't that Nico Robin's job?

It has been, but she’s never been able to fully read the road phoneglyphs, just the weapon ones IIRC. I think she’s been taking imprints and slowly trying to translate them.

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

Well then, I am clearly wrong, ignore me

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

Gologle posted:

Oh, they're the guys who did SpyxFamily? That's sick, ngl.

Oh it’s so much better than that.

Spy x family, the first 3 seasons of Attack on titan (so Leon vs beast titan, Ackerman battle, etc), Vinland saga, Vivi fluorite song (which is excellent) ,ranking of kings which story wise is iffy but absolutely beautifully animated, plus some other really well done smaller stuff.

They are an incredible animation team. Really good with fast paced, high movement action that’s easy to follow. All signs point to this being absolutely incredible.

After Vinland saga, just thinking about how good the nami tattoo scene will be. They’re supposedly doing all of east blue.

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

Shadow0 posted:

Yeah, and now, in addition to the absurd padding, we once again get a recap episode. We're not even on that island anymore, so it's so weird to have a recap of it, and essentially nothing happened as well. There's been a recap every like 6 episodes. Is this how it's going to carry on for the rest of the show?

Probably not.

We’re in transition between arcs. If they pad right now, there is no one being cliff-hung on the story. They probably feel like people are less likely to get mad if they pad here vs even more padding once the next arc starts.

Toei used to always do fillers during these arc breaks but it seems like they prefer recaps now.

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

Tokelau All Star posted:

Today's episode, amazing.

Yes holy poo poo.

New intro is one of the best they’ve had in years. The song, the animation, all perfect. It’s clearly extremely spoiler filled, but it was so good I didn’t even care. (Spoilers that are revealed in the intro) Luci vs Nika is a fight that I am so excited for. Nearly 1000 episodes will have passed by the time they revisit this rivalry.

Also seeing more admiral and Kuma action is very exciting.

This is also the first time since dressrosa the whole crew has been together (I don’t really count the little pre-battle wano reunion). Dressrosa ended at episode 746 in 2016. Seeing the causal Going Sunny interactions again made me so happy. I missed the whole crew together.

The animation was also way too pretty for the stuff that was happening in the episode. Even the cutaway stuff like the news bird.

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

Shadow0 posted:

I don't understand why that episode was better than almost any episode in the past decade.

More episodes like that please!

I don’t know if I’d class it as better than certain Katakuri fight or wano fight EPs, but it was super good.

It’s our arc intro episode (now that we’re passed “world-building catchup while we were busy eps). They usually put tons of focus on arc intros. And considering it has been something like 4 years since we got one we deserved it.

If you remember the initial wano arc intro was super similar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

Meme Emulator posted:

The anime is practically an entire arc behind

Too close for a weekly show with an aging creator.

What if oda gets sick or injured and has to take like 4-6 months off? They’d be breathing down the mangas neck considering they need at least a few months for production.