Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!

Loanarn posted:

I already miss Franky's hair and Popeye arms.

Franky is the only one whose redesign feels less interesting than the original. I can forgive it because Brook is the most amazing thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Shadow0 posted:

Random belated comment, but I am thinking about the defeated Cool Brothers (who are now probably quite dead). They claimed to know the mountains like the back of their hands, but the snow only existed as far back as Aokiji and Akainu's fight, which was no more than 2 years ago. And the entire island was reshaped whenever that explosion happened, so the ones that are most familiar with it aren't them, but the pirates that Caesar had working for him. I really expected more from them, but now I feel like they are quite finished. They created so much mystery about them, and really talked them up, then they were defeated so unceremoniously. (And they managed to fail to kill Brownbeard at point-blank range [in fact, they killed no one])

They were so cool though, that's all that matters.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Gyges posted:

Figures that instead of heading into one of the best arcs they'd go ahead and take a stop a filler island.

Well maybe if they have a break the next arc won't have half of every episode as slow pans and reaction faces. Probably not, though :smithicide:

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

I just shotgunned 3 months worth of the anime in one go and it actually became good again, the pacing seems a lot better when you watch 3 1/2 hours at once instead of 15-18 minutes. Now to not watch any more for another 3 months :negative: