Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

User0015
Nov 24, 2007

Please don't talk about your sexuality unless it serves the ~narrative~!
I can't even explain it, but Zoro losing his eye bothers me more than anything else. Franky's change isn't a big deal in comparison.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

User0015
Nov 24, 2007

Lilac Kimono posted:

You could say that.

That reminds me of something. Not this episode, but last episode, when Sanji sees the mermaids and announces he's finally found his version of All Blue and has seen his lifelong dream.

What I'm wondering is: In the Manga, has this happened for any of the characters? Has anyone actually had their lifelong wish granted? That was the reason they became crew members in the first place, so I wonder if that's something that will happen as the series goes on.

User0015
Nov 24, 2007

That game...I was not prepared. :suicide:

User0015
Nov 24, 2007

I don't know why, but I was thinking a post timeskip throwdown is going to be more like, "Look at what the crew is able to do now." as they completely walk all over anyone stupid enough to get in their way. We've been watching, what, 3 entire arcs of Luffy and crew getting stomped on.

I just get the feeling the upcoming bad guys are in for a rude awakening.

User0015
Nov 24, 2007

Is having a reason really that big of a deal, or was it just something that wasn't in the manga?

User0015
Nov 24, 2007

"This will be over soon so just stand still!"

You're god drat right it is. :black101:

User0015
Nov 24, 2007

What was the change?

User0015
Nov 24, 2007

Dukeofdummies posted:

Yeah, we already know she can bloom half of herself. It would also explain how she can "teleport" across the battlefield too. She made a clone and killed it right before it was killed. Really she'd be just making a new clone and killing an old one while she is surveying the battlefield from a secret location.
It's the kind of strategy that is right up her alley, it's all subterfuge and it leaves her out of the battle.

In other words: Yeah...you do. :allears:

User0015
Nov 24, 2007

lordfrikk posted:

I find it increasingly annoying to watch because it outstayed its welcome like 10 episodes ago. I'm sick of watching the conflict reasons beaten to death and "oh my god we are all doomed" every single episode without anythin of substance actually happening. Just loving kick his rear end already so we can move on... So far my least favorite arc, it's at best filler quality. Uninteresting villain, stuff that should've been explained in one brief flashback like the Queen's backstory is dragged out so much that I can't even bring myself to care about the characters nor their cause.

Yep.

This entire arc was to showcase the crew after their 2 year time skip. These villains are a drat joke to Luffy and his crew. This should have been over in a quarter of the time, with the straw hats mopping the drat floor with everyone and moving on. This arc, like the previous one, should have gone by very quickly, to set the pacing and to display their growth. Part of the fight itself reminds me a lot of Enel, he's at a disadvantage so he's pulling out every trick and crazy idea to beat Luffy. In this case, it's dropping a large boat on the island. So fine, Luffy can kick his rear end in a straight up fight just like Enel, but he's fighting back without going toe-to-toe. So we get to see how bad rear end the crew is now by watching them beat the hell out of a bunch of enemies who stand no chance against them. I definitely want to watch that. Just get it over with already, drat.

User0015
Nov 24, 2007

Those giant babies have really long strides. :shrug:

Why are they even running in the first place? Just beat the crap out of them already!

User0015
Nov 24, 2007

Same thing in games. They just have their invincibility flag set.

User0015
Nov 24, 2007

Franky's faces as Chopper are amazing. Not just the smile, but literally every face he makes in this episode is amazing. I didn't notice if he was doing it earlier, but drat. I'd take some screencaps if I knew where to get HQ raws.

User0015
Nov 24, 2007

You guys talking about the manga being so amazing suck.

Which chapter is it on right now?

User0015
Nov 24, 2007

Are these episodes filler? I thought One Piece went into filler territory for a while.

User0015
Nov 24, 2007

Well drat. Is it just two or three episodes?

User0015
Nov 24, 2007

Drakkel posted:

Back at Fishman Island he said he had to tie up some loose ends before he'd accept the invite, and the manga had a cover arc where he was seen entering the New World by himself. The last we saw of him in the manga was when he was shown reading the news about Law and Luffy's alliance.

The popular fan theory so far is that he's not gonna join yet cause his bounty is higher than Luffy's, I don't exactly think it holds water since it's a running theme in the series that people think bounties are more telling than they actually are.

Just a reminder that there's a couple people who are anime only. I don't care about minor spoilers at all, but some cool stuff has been spoiled before (Shanks showing up, for example).

User0015
Nov 24, 2007

Suspicious Lump posted:

Holy gently caress Sanji vs Joker was awesome and you faggots are going on about 12 year old spoilers?

He did no damage and practically got one-shot. Sanji gotta bring his A-game next time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

User0015
Nov 24, 2007

So is the pacing any better yet and actually worth watching, or is it still 20 minutes of running in place + 6 minutes of recap every episode?