Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer

dipwood posted:

The former shogun likely had to stay hidden precisely because he's able to read them like Robin. And that's probably why he'll stay hidden. And Momo not knowing how to read them is a blessing because it makes him safe as well.

They never needed to before, for 800 years. But even still, why bother saying he's actually alive? It's less why is he doing what he's doing and more why did Oda include this? Feels like an opportunity for something to happen.

Maybe it's also just because I love ancient languages, so hearing there's a living person who had been charged with safeguarding that knowledge and then just dying with it makes me really sad.

dipwood posted:

I would have preferred if Momo assigned a regent like Kin'emon until he was qualified to rule, or Denjiro who actually was involved in the ruling regime this whole time.

I guess it's the trope of when the rightful king is back in power, all is and will forever be well in the kingdom. The narrator literally said he will be regarded as the greatest shogun in history or whatever, which seems rather ridiculous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer
It's so refreshing to be done with Wano.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Tenasscity posted:

If I'm not mistaken, the main reason the show was so serialized was because of the need to make the content last on a weekly schedule.

Yeah, and now, in addition to the absurd padding, we once again get a recap episode. We're not even on that island anymore, so it's so weird to have a recap of it, and essentially nothing happened as well. There's been a recap every like 6 episodes. Is this how it's going to carry on for the rest of the show?

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I don't understand why that episode was better than almost any episode in the past decade.

More episodes like that please!

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I liked the new opening's animation, but really, really didn't like the song. Sometimes they tend to grow on you though.

But the OP is all spoilers, so I'll never look at it again.

It just feels like they truly have no respect for the anime-viewers.

The weapon used might have been one of the ancient weapons.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Not sure why Kaku is afraid of war with Luffy, the World Government has been at war with him since Luffy burned their flag at Enies Lobby, which he was very present for.

Shadow0 fucked around with this message at 12:31 on Apr 1, 2024

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

Grimey Drawer

SpartanIvy posted:

Luffy is an Emperor of the Sea now with significantly more allies and allegiances than he did at Ennies Lobby. If the government willy nilly attacks any Emperor of the Sea, the rest, like Blackbeard, might use it as an excuse to attack the Navy at will. Currently it seems like Emperors and the Navy have a bit of a cold war going on.

Kild posted:

Think about how much effort and setup they needed to take out the last emperor they fought. Now imagine if they had none of that preparation

Are you suggesting that after Enies Lobby, the World Government arranged some kind of peace treaty with Luffy afterwards that happened off-screen?

I suppose it could be that when the government recognized him as an Emperor, they nullified all previous treaties and declarations, like how becoming a warlord nullifies any bounties, but that was never stated. As far as Kaku, Lucci, and Luffy know, they are all already at war with each other.

But I mean, it's just a small thing and I don't expect One Piece to be a grand strategy anime or whatever. Maybe he just meant escalating the war from cold to hot. But it was just something I noticed that I thought was funny. Everyone seems to have gotten over him burning that flag. Lucci even said he'd chase Robin to the ends of the Earth, but gave up on that and moved on too, haha.

Shadow0 fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Apr 2, 2024

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Gologle posted:

It's crazy that Crunchyroll chose Luffy's dump truck rear end as the thumbnail for their teaser for this past episode

I don't remember this. Can you post a screenshot?

Also, I really liked this fight (so far) way more.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Luffy, y-, you could have just brought Sentomaru with... CP-0 were absolutely losing. You had every advantage. You routinely grab and bring people places. Why'd you just leave him to die and all the Seraphim to switch sides to them?

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Freakazoid_ posted:

Sentomaru is probably the only recurring villain-turned-friend character that died without having a decent background exposé at some point in the series. Very uncharacteristic for this show. Maybe we'll get a flashback at some point with Dr. Vegapunk, but it still feels off.

It just means that he survived for no reason.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Mortal souls being scientifically measurable and weighing 28g was not something I expected to become part of One Piece lore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Also, Nou Nou No Mi is such a good fruit name.