Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.

lordfrikk posted:

My "problem" with percepting OP's padding differently is because I marathoned it whole during last summer so whenever I felt like things were dragging along I just skipped freely. This might have skewed my opinion of it but now that I actually experience it first hand I agree about the abridged version.

Because I also read the manga, I pretty much do the same thing for new OP episodes. I've found I only end up watching about 10-12 minutes of material each week...

A Kai treatment would be incredible, but that's so far down the line that it seems unrealistic. Especially considering that the anime could run for over 1000 episodes. Abridging the series one arc at a time while the anime is still going would be pretty cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

Endorph posted:

It's definitely a victim of the anime's pacing - I remember it going by a lot quicker in the Manga.

It's 100% this. The arc in the manga went by just fine apart from the flashback chapters, but those always seem to last forever.

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I'm sure your social life thanks you :haw:

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

F. Lobot posted:

That's what I've been doing until now, but I can't resist the allure of the music.

Music kind of loses its merit when whole episodes consist of running forever and not getting anywhere, mooks repeating what just happened over and over, extraordinarily long shots of static scenes and reactions, or my personal favorite, EEEEEIIIIIISSSSSSUUUUUUU ad infinitum

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

Drakkel posted:

Luffy beat up God

Usopp is a God now!

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I have a lot of hope that the anime won't screw this up but... I'm not confident considering how the previous episodes have been trending

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I watched the newest episode and after skipping through all the crap, I think I spent ~10 minutes actually watching. It’s been that way for years now.

I usually watch the anime once a month so I can skip through and feel like the show did something. Granted, not much still.

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

Yeah episode 1000 was more or less a clip show

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

SilverSupernova posted:

This series has so many very large or very tiny people or races that I'm convinced that Oda is just showcasing his fetish half the time. And honestly, hell yeah for that.

Never forget Big Mom had a Tontatta husband :stare: