Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Gyges posted:

Holy poo poo, I didn't notice that each of their One Piece individual backgrounds had one odd background object. Most of them are kind of blah, but Franky's is hammers with one speedo and Usopp's one off item is a rubber band.

These are the easter eggs / odd ones out:

Zoro - Onigiri for Zoro

Nami - Coin

Usopp - Rubber band

Sanji - Forl

Chopper - Cotton candy

Robin - Flower

Franky - Speedo

Brook - Shark-guitar

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

WhiffleballDude posted:

What I was thinking is that the eyecatches will be different variations of all the Strawhats walking, with someone's "item" in the foreground. Like Zoro's swords, Nami's tangerines/pinwheel, maybe Sogeking's mask.

Sogeking isn't a Straw Hat, though. Did you perhaps confuse him with someone else in the crew?

JosephWongKS fucked around with this message at 14:46 on Oct 4, 2011

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Infinitum posted:

Oh god.. I think I'm going to be sick in my mouth a little..

Crappy nipple flashlights and even the boxes are sweating.. You fat gently caress, you're the reason everyone thinks anime fans are creepy as hell.

At least he's not cosplaying Nami or Robin.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Fuckshoes posted:

Seriously, that scene confused me as well. They at least should have made Fake Luffy look somewhat different.

If they didn't look identical, no-one in Sabaody would have confused Fake Luffy for the real one. At least they compromised for our sake by giving Fake Luffy a different voice actor.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

WhiffleballDude posted:

Obviously Zoro's going to upgrade to Nidai Kitetsu, and then Shodai Kitetsu at some point.

And the sharingan in his left eye-socket will be upgraded to a three-tomoe sharingan and then to Mangekyou Sharingan (Kuina will be resurrected so that Zoro can push her down another flight of stairs in order to upgrade his eye).

Notwithstanding his new magic eye, he will still manage to get lost in a straight corridor.

JosephWongKS fucked around with this message at 13:55 on Oct 11, 2011

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Suspicious Lump posted:

You are probably right Liar (hahaha).

But, talking seriously, I believe pirates wore eye patches so that when they other invaded ships they could swap their eye patch to the other eye enabling them to see below deck without waiting for their eyes to adjust.

Maybe Zoro has had something replace his eye and he only busts it out when he's fighting something extremely strong (a la Kenpachi).

He really has lost his eye. In times of great crisis, the empty eye-hole becomes the perfect socket for a fourth sword.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

CubanMissile posted:

Because Zoro gags are better than any skull joke x1000.

This particular Zoro gag is a skull joke.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Cuchulain posted:

There is exactly one Stereotypical pirate spread across different characters. Zeff's got the only peg leg, Crocodile has the only hook, Roger's coat, Blackbeard's hat, etc.

I just figured out what One Piece is. It's a one-piece outfit combining all of the above features. The possessor and wielder of One Piece becomes the Pirate King by virtue of being the most stereotypical pirate in the world.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Scratchman Apoo posted:

Nope, Brook pouring the water on himself didn't happen in the manga, some of Caribou's speech to his brother was added, and everything about Brook's final song was new (thought it was really nice.)

I like to think of Brook's song as something that was cut from the manga rather than filler added to the anime.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Gyges posted:

I forgot about Hachi and Camie. But all of it was fairly irrelevant to the plot while the Buggy ones actually showed how he got his missing pieces back.

Or I could be remembering wrong.

The Hachi-Camie cover arc showed how Hachi recovered the lost takoyaki sauce and opened a takoyaki stand, and his takoyaki was the deciding factor that induced Luffy to rescue Caimie from Duval's gang and kicked off the whole Saobody Isle-Human Auction Centre plot.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Colonel K posted:

I wasn't a fan of Coby early on, but Garp's influence really turned it round. It seems to me that Coby and Helmeppo are fitting in where Garp had hoped Luffy and Ace would.

Saying that Garp is just one of my favourite characters and I would love them to do an historical filler arc where Garp, Roger et al were in their prime.

Garp is in his prime right now. This being a shounen series, the older you are, the more badass you become.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Liar posted:

New episode is up.

Poor Robin. She's the only one without friends to stop by to see her off.

Franky also didn't have anyone come by to see him off.

Liar posted:

Reading the manga and even more-so watching the anime I get the feeling that Zoro didn't sleep alone during the past two years. :huh:

Perona obviously likes him. Zoro's probably completely oblivious, though.