Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

John Liver
May 4, 2009

Teek posted:

Great start! Love the angle that they're having the Straw Hat VAs voicing other fake-Hats. The fact the opening spoiled the appearances was a tad disappointing, but it seems like they added filler this episode to show all the SHs. As I don't think Zoro showed up until later on.

I love the irony that Zoro of all people is the one to get back to the bar first. Maybe Mihawk taught him some basic navigational skills.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Liver
May 4, 2009

Scratchman Apoo posted:

that Caribou is a devil fruit user. For anyone who hasn't read the manga, what are you thinking his power is? There was a lot of speculation going around.

It looks like he's made of clay. I guess he's a clay man?

John Liver
May 4, 2009

Sorry Usopp, cooler weapons do not mean that you have gotten any manlier.

That was sweet as hell, though.

John Liver
May 4, 2009

Jimbot posted:

New Episode

Zori!

Okay, so Caribou's a swamp man and not a clay man? Points for the start of this episode being REALLY creepy.

John Liver
May 4, 2009

I think Megalo is my favorite character in this whole arc so far. He's the embodiment of :haw: in fish form.

John Liver
May 4, 2009

Gyges posted:

It's very important that you watch this week's One Piece, if only for the greatest formation of a rubber man, a giant shark, and a giant mermaid that mankind has yet to devise.

Megalo nooooooooo :gonk:

John Liver
May 4, 2009

I'm so glad Franky switched back to his crazy Ace Ventura haricut. Now he is my favorite character once again.

John Liver
May 4, 2009

Shadow0 posted:

Also, anyone else feel like Nami controls weather more than predicts it? (More than just her staff obviously). Whenever the Straw Hats are in trouble, suddenly the ocean does something ridiculous to save them.

I thought for a long time that Nami was supposed to have Observation Haki, which could explain her spot-on predictions, but apparently that's not it. She's just that good at forecasting.

John Liver
May 4, 2009

So Brook gets into a fight with a semi-samurai, and my two favorite motherfuckers go to town on a bunch of weird hazmat dudes?

Man, the last arc was a chore, but this show's finally picking up again.

John Liver
May 4, 2009

Gyges posted:

Also we find out what incredibly macabre things Trafalgar Law has been up to during the time skip.

I guess this explains all the weird disassembling shenanigans that have been going on. I'll admit, I forgot about him completely.

John Liver
May 4, 2009

Gyges posted:

Every Devil Fruit comes from trees that bloom on Sniper Island.

We joke, but I fully expect that this island is real and we just haven't seen it yet.

John Liver
May 4, 2009

Zombie Samurai posted:

Oh, and new episode. Tune in for Doflamingo giving an incredible lack of fucks.

After the colossal slogs of Fishman Island and now Punk Hazard, I'm really hoping Doflamingo can show the crew some actual danger, and do it quickly. This show is murdering its own dramatic tension (what little there is) by drawing everything out for so long. For all the buildup he's had over the show's run, it better pay off well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Liver
May 4, 2009

Gyges posted:

They've still got time to hire Tim Curry and secure the win though.

That would be absolutely smashing.