Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Appachai
Jul 6, 2011

I don't really have anything to add that hasn't already been said, but I really do love OP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Appachai
Jul 6, 2011

Another incredible episode of OP.

Appachai
Jul 6, 2011

Cerebral Bore posted:

This would imply that the crossdressers who look like ugly men actually want to look like ugly men, but that doesn't really make sense on any level and the more I'm overthinking this the more confusing it gets.
Maybe they don't want to be women. Seems like a simple answer to me.

Appachai
Jul 6, 2011

Is there any evidence that most or all of the Newkama are actually pre-injection(?) transgender and not homosexual transvestites?

Appachai
Jul 6, 2011

Cerebral Bore posted:

But if you're a woman who wants to become a man and you do, why would you wear womens' clothing afterwards?
Why not? Do whatever you want and be whoever you want to be, isn't that the newkama way?

Appachai
Jul 6, 2011

Cuchulain posted:

One Piece world is "no uggos".

In every world. In every world

Appachai
Jul 6, 2011

Jimbot posted:

I found the whole thing to be pretty funny myself. It was just some goofy comedy moment.

So you think transphobia is funny?!

Appachai
Jul 6, 2011

Endorph posted:

It was a goofy comedy moment that was pretty much the trans version of a minstrel show.

I mean, dumb crass jokes are one thing, but the phrase "real women" was literally used by a character we are meant to like and identify with.

They aren't biologically women. They could easily become biologically female with ivankov's hormones. You need to accept their decisions to be men and wear womens' clothing and makeup.

Also they eat people, which is very unladylike.

Appachai fucked around with this message at 08:43 on Nov 8, 2011

Appachai
Jul 6, 2011

Kind of boring. I can't imagine these pirates lasting more than a few seconds against the new straw hats

Appachai
Jul 6, 2011

tsob posted:

Plus, unless he happens to be right next to the world's largest freezer there is no real weakness for lava. Franky might be able to build a really good freeze gun, but Akainu will just melt any ice that he comes in to contact with after a few seconds.

Light's even worse in that regard. And I know people keep suggesting mirrors - but I'm sorry, I think just about any fight that ends with Kizaru trapped between some mirrors would just come across as bullshit of the shittiest bull.

He could just return to his human form if he was bouncing in-between two mirrors. That doesn't make any sense.

Appachai
Jul 6, 2011

Himuro posted:

Where's the proof that they're transsexuals and not just drag queens?
If they really wanted to be trans then wouldn't Ivankov just use the hormone shot on them? Or does Ivankov only use that on people that don't want it?

Appachai fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Jan 9, 2012

Appachai
Jul 6, 2011

An interesting aside:

This is what Oda drew when someone asked him what the straw hats would look like if the hormone shot got used on them.

Appachai
Jul 6, 2011

Endorph posted:

and there are probably a few people who think Sanji is perfectly justified in both being horrified by and wanting to beat the poo poo out of them.
Do you think Sanji would be justified in being afraid of or beating up the Okami from the island that apparently harassed and assaulted him nonstop for 2 years?

Appachai
Jul 6, 2011

This show is greatness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Appachai
Jul 6, 2011

Gyges posted:

I've really come to wonder how the gently caress the World Government even functions with the Tenryuubito going around just loving everything up. I mean, how do the Marines and their sundry forms of Justice(exempting any hosed up followers of Feudal Justice) even tolerate that poo poo?

They're middle managers.