Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

seigfox posted:

The first swordsman-y thing we see post-timeskip Zoro do is cut up a ship, the same way Hawk-Eyes does way back in the Baratie arc. I wonder if that was intentional.

Or maybe whatever training you go through to make you the strongest swordsman also makes you hate ships.

Mihawk was trying to keep scrubs out of the Grand Line. Zoro is keeping scrubs out of the new world.

SCRUBS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

User0015 posted:

I can't even explain it, but Zoro losing his eye bothers me more than anything else. Franky's change isn't a big deal in comparison.

It bothers me because he doesn't have an eyepatch. You're a PIRATE, man. Come on.

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost
I wish Brooke would wear two eyepatches. Not like he needs eyes to see anyway.

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost
If you told me a year ago that I was going to start watching an anime that would make me cry over a talking boat I probably would have punched you in the face.

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost
Goopo Goopo no mi?

Anyway, I'm so ready for a new adventure! Everyone has come such a long way :swoon:

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost
I forget, was Axe Hand Morgan recaptured by the marines? I'd love to see Helmeppo kick his rear end now that he's probably a lot stronger than his old man.

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost
Today's episode: "Hordy's Onslaught! The Retaliatory Plan Set Into Motion!"

http://www.onepieceofficial.com/videos.aspx?v=8178

Not really a lot happening here. At least now we know Franky's ancestors were obviously robots.

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

User0015 posted:

I just get the feeling the upcoming bad guys are in for a rude awakening.

I'm hoping for the same thing. I can't take these fishmen guys seriously as villains. There's so many people above the ocean that could take them all out single handed that there's no way they can seriously expect to knock humans out of their place of power.

The Straw Hats are ready to take on the New World and these scrubs are here just to show how powerful everyone has gotten.

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

Shadow0 posted:

I think whatever Oda does do will almost certainly be entertaining. I don't think I've ever really been disappointed in a One Piece fight.

That noodle guy on the sea train to Enies Lobby was annoying as hell. gently caress that guy.

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost
The awkward stare after Luffy said "So he's a shipwright who's coating Franky's brother!" was hilarious.

e: That ending was unusually tense for One Piece.

Diephoon fucked around with this message at 14:49 on Mar 4, 2012

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost
After watching Otohime slap the poo poo out of that guy I started wondering if there was some sort of super slapping devil fruit power. Then I figured that Kuma basically has the ultimate slapping power and am kinda sad that he's a mindless robot now.

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost
It's okay to cry, dammit :cry:

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost
I ordered the Alabasta movie off Amazon and then threw it away after watching it once. It's pretty bad. You just can't condense that entire arc into 90 minutes.

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

IShallRiseAgain posted:

They are pretty terrible and have an annoying filler kid.

Annoying filler kid was annoying but giant filler beetle was pretty cool. I mean, his name is "Boss." Can't get much cooler than that :c00lbert:

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost
I loved that episode, everyone is so happy :3:

Except for the bad guys.

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

KoB posted:

Iron Pirate! Here comes General Franky! :allears:
http://onepieceofficial.com/videos.aspx

I never thought I'd see a gargantuan octopus cry manly tears. Thanks One Piece!

Also, at the end of the episode, Noah's Ark? What the gently caress?

socialsecurity posted:

The Luffy/Usopp/Chopper wonder over the Franky stuff works as a quick gag. When it is dragged out over 5 episodes it gets tiresome.

I enjoy it but I guess I can see where you're coming from. The last few episodes were obviously a recap saying "hey remember how the whole crew got really really strong over the last two years?" So now that everyone has played most of their new cards things should move on soon.

Or they could drag this poo poo out for 30 more episodes, it's anime.

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

Autumncomet posted:

Just got an email from Amazon. They're offering up to 50% off anime titles. One Piece collection sets for less than $20. :stare:

Thanks for posting this, I wanted to pick them up as they came out but it was adding up fast. This will save a lot of money :D

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost
I enjoyed the movie, but did it really have to end with an Avril Lavigne cover of a Nickelback song? :stare:

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost
Countdown until Luffy makes friends with it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost
Can't wait to see this Clown get punched. Most annoying villain to listen to since Gecko Moria.