Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
I've got a theory that Usopp accidentally ate a devil fruit and Sogeking is the manifestation of his power.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
It sucks hard, massive long cock not being in America.

Franky's design is odd-balls. Love Robin's/Usopp's new look!

What the hell is Nami doing in a dangerous bar with a bikini top on?

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
This is getting a bit silly. He has 3 swords at the moment:

Meito; Wado Ichimonji (formerly belonged to Kuina)
Sandai Kitetsu (formerly belonged to Ippon-Matsu)
Meito; Shusui (formerly belonged to Ryuma)

http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/Roronoa_Zoro/Abilities_and_Powers

He's had previously:
Katana x2 (both were destroyed by Dracule Mihawk)
Johnny and Yosaku's swords (returned to them after the battle)
Meito; Hana Arashi (Sogeking handcuffed to Zoro holding on to Yubashiri. It stopped being used when Sogeking was unlocked from Zoro)
Meito; Yubashiri (formerly belonged to Ippon-Matsu, destroyed at Enies Lobby by Shu, now resting on Thriller Bark)
Marine cutlass x2 (the first one was destroyed by Shu, and the second one was consequently left behind after the immediate battle at Enies Lobby)

Just copy pasted this all from the above link.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
Yes there is and I think in that exact same scene Chopper says that he will invent a cure/potion to cure his stupidity.

Also losing an eye as a swords man must be really bad. No more depth perception!

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
You are probably right Liar (hahaha).

But, talking seriously, I believe pirates wore eye patches so that when they other invaded ships they could swap their eye patch to the other eye enabling them to see below deck without waiting for their eyes to adjust.

Maybe Zoro has had something replace his eye and he only busts it out when he's fighting something extremely strong (a la Kenpachi).

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
They keep dragging the fakehats out. It's getting really irritating.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
I take it back. The fake hats ARE awesome. Luffy is voiced by Sanji voice actor? He is awesome.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
Odette, I am in the same boat (HOHOOHHOOHO) as you. It sucks hardcore donkey dick. I suggest you stop talking about it or you will get probated (this is just advice! I got something similar for another show).

Can't PM you, so I can't be of any help.

Suspicious Lump fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Oct 25, 2011

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
If you're in America, Funimation subs are great because you're constantly up to date no waiting for subs. But if you're outside the great wall then you're relying on a single sub group and that's Yibis.

I just watched 553. Glad they did they went logical route instead of being stubborn. Still think Jinbei needs to be leading this counter.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
I just watched #568. I was not expecting Luffy to ask Jimbei to join his crew.

Don't think anyone mentioned this: anyone else notice that some/all of the sea giants were from one of the previous intros?

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
Anyone else getting bored with One Piece? Not sure if it's this arc or the pace of things. I only watch the anime but I'm just not as excited as I once was for it.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
I'm starting to get excited again about OP, Smoker vs Vergo = awesome. Zoro vs Monte = awesome.

Wish they'd save the loving children already though. Im starting to wonder something, usually you have a lot of 1vs1 so lots of bad guys are introduced early on but in this arc there aren't that many which leads me to believe that their might be a team battle against The Gas Man.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004

Uldor posted:

New Episode, uggh did we really need to spend what amounts to an entire episode on Mocha and the kids...
Half an ep was fine but then it dragged out. Still it was a surprise. I just hope Chopper ends up losing his poo poo at someone later on. Probably not because of his broken body.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
Holy crap ep 616 is amazing!

What the gently caress Law... when was he that strong. Extremely well done, I thought it was going to end with a cliffhanger but nope. Im an anime only so that was awesome.

2 things I'm confused about

1. Doflamingo is not the same as the four emperors that Law wants to topple right? (ones the Shichibukai and the other is... whatever White Beard was called).
2. Do we know what "gear" is Law talking about?

One Piece just got better again!

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
I just realised that Nami might be gay, specifically has a fetish for navy officers haha.

So we finally get to know who they're targeting, which makes sense when you know what SAD. What I can't figure out is why. I think it's part of a bigger scheme. If I remember correctly the Four Emperors are balanced out by the 7 warlords + 3 admirals (if there's still 3) creating some sort of peace between the pirates and the world government. It's between broken once leading to a war between the two sides. Only reason I can think of for Law to create an imbalance between the two sides is either a) he actually works for the government or b) he works for the Revolutionary army. Considering they've already taken over several island countries they must be extremely strong so my guess is that they're waiting for an opportunity to overthrow the government and wouldn't a massive war be a good opportunity.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
I just remembered when Smiley died a nearby apple changed into a devil fruit. I always thought this was the case with devil fruit users. Which is why I think blackbeard was searching for that specific devil fruit power in the first place, probably because he killed the last user and knew that somewhere a piece of fruit will morph. Maybe that's how he got Whitebeards powers? Doesn't really explain why he has more than one power at a time

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
Anyone notice that as Luffy is being thrown out of the building and into the sea he has 2 japanese characters on his chest instead of a scar?

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004

Suspicious Lump posted:

Anyone notice that as Luffy is being thrown out of the building and into the sea he has 2 japanese characters on his chest instead of a scar?

http://imgur.com/vNSC3hC

Oooops, accidently hit quote.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
I thought in the anime we had a few episodes dedicated to what they were doing on the island? I think it was 2 characters per episode. I distinctly remember Usopp on that wacky Island where he got fat, Robin on some bridge making colony meeting up with the Revolutionary army, Sanji on Tranny Island, Zoro training with Mihawk and a few more I'm too lazy to mention.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
There's waaay to much poo poo going on:

1. Sanji and the latino girl
2. Zoro and the fairies
3. Handover team and the Green Bit (and the fairies)
4. Luffy with Bart/pretty boy/Kano guys/
5. Block C fight
6. Franky and the soldier
7. The navy
8. Mr Samurai and evil dudes
9. Weird poo poo happening on the boat

and a bunch of other tiny bits like who the hell Ricky was or where is the gladiator girl and who the statue is (probably Ricky), wtf happend with Bellamy and Skypia

I had a good giggle at the depiction of the two arabs: Jeet and Abdullah. Ahahaha. TWO EVILS, COWARDS. CHEATERS but I really liked how Bellamy was a trash at the end. Bart winning was expected but hilarious. That loving king. Great character design.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
Sorry, I wasn't trying to stir the pot. I honestly thought it was funny depiction of arabs. I didn't see anything wrong with Oda making fun of my race (I'm an arab). I have no idea who Randy the Savage is, so clearly I'm ignorant of wrestlers, thanks for letting me know.

Petiso: It wasn't a complaint.

quote:

And without spoiling things, despite it just being a gigantic clusterfuck of stuff going on, don't lose faith in Oda's storytelling. This is, yet again, one of the better arcs in One Piece, even if people say that about every arc(except Davy Back Fight). Hell, the last chapter of the manga that just came out I consider one of the best in the entire series, so take that as you will. I can't wait to see that part animated.

I don't mind so many threads. It's just annoying when a something is left out when it could easily be put in. A good example is when Law was telling Luffy who he wanted to take out. For a few episodes we were left in the dark for no loving reason.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
You can judge, I don't mind. I think I've seen him once or twice on the internet but I never took notice, sorry :( I don't think wrestling was ever big in Australia.

Thanks for pointing it out though.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004

Crazyeyes posted:

I still feel like Ussop is absurdly under skilled. I really like him as a character and was really hoping after the time skip he would come into his own but he is still just comic relief. He has a lot more potential than what's been served up to him thus far.
He was amazing when he was Sogeking. Him snapping and freaking out in Thriller Bark was hilarious and awesome. He's strong in his own right but his whole character is cowardly bastard that only fights when he needs to. I kinda like that though. I think I would be the same. He's up against some real monsters and does the best to survive.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004

Shadow0 posted:

All the characters have basically finished their arcs as soon as they join, with just their Grand Line dreams to cap it all off at the end. I'm still holding out hope that they'll find themselves in a desperate situation and have a flashback to their 2 year training though.

But I agree that Usoppu (sp?) has become a lot less interesting now. The dials and their abilities were well-defined, so they were cool. Now he just invents nonsense like exploding wolf trees. He doesn't feel clever and inventful anymore. His lying powers are pretty amusing right now at least though.

Sanji's also plummeted in interestingness, though again I found recent events to be pretty cool.

Robin ftw.

Latest episode edit: Do I really need to spoiler anything anymore? I think I'm the only one that doesn't read the manga. I must say Nami's new character design is definitely better.

Nah I'm anime only as well. There's two of us!

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
Not sure why so many folks won't start a show (of any kind) which is long and highly recommend. It's all there for you to watch when ever you want! You can skip poo poo if you dont like it, you can see which episodes are fillers and which are just awesome. No waiting, no trying to remember what ep you are up to.

I watch OP about once a month because it's a bit slow to be honest. I'm watching Game of Thrones right now, I've got all of season four :D.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
Non manga here and it's really boring. The only exciting bit was Joker reveal. We knew the celestial dragons were cunts but this is a new low for them, pulling favors for one of their own? drat. Also the explanation for the celestial dragons was something I haven't heard before. Still it was about time we met a dragon that wasn't a turd in a bubble. I'm waiting for a good dragon to appear now

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004

Truga posted:

This is pure speculation on my part, but maybe Monkey D Dragon? :v:
I hope not, that would be kinda like Naruto and all the bullshit that's currently going on. My guess we haven't met the character yet and it's going to be a girl.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
Or having a split personality called SogeKing that is insane. The part where he is fighting Persona and begs Soge King to come out... then he starts a whole dialogue with himself.

and then the bluff at the end! Holy poo poo. I love that fight.

I hope he comes back.

Suspicious Lump fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Jul 24, 2014

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
Holy gently caress Sanji vs Joker was awesome and you faggots are going on about 12 year old spoilers?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
That's true but it was still drat awesome. His opponent even said "here was a tough one". I hope we get a team battle again!

I'm getting sick of Nami/Chopper/Usopp being useless cry babies. Usopp especially because Joker is such an easy target floating about on strings. I bet you could burn the strings or at least damage them.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
Is that Sabo at the end?

gently caress yeah.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
Why was he hooked up to medical equipment? I can't remember if the explanation.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004

Drakkel posted:

Cause he's an old-rear end man?
Yeah that's a pretty lame rear end reason (Silvers was old too) but I guess trying to make a point that he isn't in his prime.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
Wow, I thought the last 4 or so episodes were amazing! I dont know what the deal was but the animation seem to have gotten better. The fights were sorta skipped but still, good episodes

Tra-guy :(

Can someone remind me when did Luffy pick a fight with Big Mama? Also I forgot, why did Tra-guy want Joker dead, revenge for Cora or is this still up coming stuff?

Anime only here.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
Ep 666 was a bit random. A few details seem to be missing, Luffy getting out even though nobody can leave!!!, Rebecca winning because Cavendish has an alter ego who can kill instantly while he sleeps, Sabo appearing and taking over as Lucy with nothing more than Luffy crying hysterically for a while after. We didnt even get to see his face. Guess who it is! Nah change angel, Guess who it is! Nah change angel. Hopefully some quick flashbacks? I dont know odd episode.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004

TheEye posted:

Yeah, Oda teased the manga readers too for a whole bunch of chapters before actually showing his face. It'll be several episodes still.
Is there a good reason though? Or just silly teasing.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
:psyduck: It makes no sense. We know who the gently caress it is, we saw him meeting Luffy and even the loving hat. What would have been better if Luffy is crying uncontrollably (like he is) and at the same time walking out into the ring with a later flash back as soon as he is revealed.

Also I hope he has made skills because seriously even Luffy would have had trouble with some of the contestants.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
Why Usopp didn't just shoot the grape in her mouth....

Also, how can you not know where the black bears came from when you know the girl has toy powers.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004

Zark the Damned posted:

This would rely on the Tontatta not being idiots :)

Also this weeks shocking twist confirmed my suspicions The Unknown Gladiator is Rebecca's Dad and was turned into the Toy Soldier. TBH they did do a nice job of seeding the individual clues quite far apart this time.
Completely forgot about the second half of the little girls powers, everyone forgets about you. Which explains a lot including Kyros being the commander/one leg soldier. That's something I didnt really see coming. I just hope he gets restored so he can become awesome again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
I was hoping to Soge King to come out again as his brave side. But I think he will always be a chicken.