Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

d[-.-]b
Aug 1, 2004

my fav champ that hero who cats a spell that make all bad guy fall down and say my dick BIG
Episode was amazing. The halfway point came way too quickly, and the second half flew by even faster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

d[-.-]b
Aug 1, 2004

my fav champ that hero who cats a spell that make all bad guy fall down and say my dick BIG

Endorph posted:

Uhm... where did you get the idea that I was mad because they were either pretty or ugly? I'm mad because they're literally made out to be one of the most disgusting things in the entire show.

You have to admit that Sanji feeling like someone was grabbing his heart was funny.

d[-.-]b
Aug 1, 2004

Gyges posted:

New Episode is up. Will Sanji turn around and die from blood loss at the sight of the Mermaid Princess?

d[-.-]b
Aug 1, 2004

Shadow0 posted:

That was a very interestingly animated episode. They definitely played around a lot more with the visuals this episode.

I'm kind of hoping Brook could kind of show off more and earn his place among the legendary Strawhats, but he's just kind of a weak Zorro right now. After his two year training, he was defeated by a single kick and a punch. I guess it was supposed to be for comedic effect more than an evaluation of his skill. At least he's funny.

That cracked me up so much. Especially Zoro's "Nice, Brook."

d[-.-]b
Aug 1, 2004

But even if you break Brooks's bones, he can just reheal with some milk.

d[-.-]b
Aug 1, 2004

Flameingblack posted:

I'm going to miss seeing the translation of "wanted->Winner!:D" when the new theme hits. It's one of my favorite openings from One Piece.

I thought that wasn't a translation and just meant that being on a wanted poster meant your were doing well as a pirate.

d[-.-]b
Aug 1, 2004

Kalifa and Alvida have similar powers. One makes others slippery while the other makes herself slippery.

d[-.-]b
Aug 1, 2004

Why is Mike Rowe always yelling at me? :ohdear:

d[-.-]b
Aug 1, 2004

Yeah the filler totally sucks now, what with the mini mini giant and alpacachino.

d[-.-]b
Aug 1, 2004

I was a bit disturbed by Sanji's desire to pervertedly watch Nami grow from a child into a woman.

d[-.-]b
Aug 1, 2004

dazoner posted:

Just watched movie 11. I enjoyed it more than I thought. The stylized use of observation Haki had a real History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi vibe. That was pretty awesome.

What was the stylization that you're referring to?

And I didn't realize it before the movie, but using hardening haki actually changes your skin to black. I always thought it was just a visual effect for the audience.

d[-.-]b
Aug 1, 2004

Is anyone else disturbed by the fact that the word "candy" is a direct cognate in Japanese? This means that the Japanese likely had never heard of candy until it was introduced to them by English-speaking outsiders.

d[-.-]b
Aug 1, 2004

Andrew_1985 posted:

So what favour did Luffy ask of Robin? Follow Law?

He asked her to clone his hat a bunch of times and place them all around the compound so that he can fight without worrying about losing it.

d[-.-]b
Aug 1, 2004

KoB posted:

Theres also the problem of Kizaru's ability being so incredibly powerful that he really shouldn't lose to many people without some sort of plot shenanigans. I wouldnt be surprised if he never gets a real fight against the crew.

I doubt he thinks at light speed.

d[-.-]b
Aug 1, 2004

Gyges posted:

I can't believe someone would think the second most important crew position was of little use. Luffy was looking for a musician even before a cook.

Edit: Let's not forget the obligatory rose from the dead, draws a crowd, and walks on water points.

You're forgetting "has an afro just like the real black Jesus."

d[-.-]b
Aug 1, 2004

Parrotine posted:

Aw man, I feel like I got pants in public with my junk flapping in the breeze, my bad :(

Since you're already feeling bad, I don't think it will hurt to let you know that the past tense of pants would be pantsed.

d[-.-]b
Aug 1, 2004

Shadow0 posted:

What did everyone think of Sabo? I hated him and would be happy if he were dead, but I know better. Ace was so much cooler.

...man, I sound like a terrible person...

But seriously, his story of the rich kid that wants to live free or whatever (while very One Piecey I guess) is so cliche and he wasn't particularly interesting as a character. Also he was voiced by that white-haired kid from Bleach, so that might have made me hate him a bit more.

Wasn't he voiced by Naruto?

d[-.-]b
Aug 1, 2004

Gyges posted:

I have Hulu set as an exception for adblock. The weird thing is that I can see it buffer properly, then all the sudden the buffer jumps back. Like it's buffering a a few minutes ahead and then suddenly dumps everything in the buffer.

Did you try a different browser?

d[-.-]b
Aug 1, 2004

Shadow0 posted:

Luffy's blatant disregard for Newton's 3rd Law has me less and and less impressed by his mid-air moves. Both against Enel and now Cesaer, I find his moves too ridiculous to find cool anymore. Also the names are getting pretty terrible.

It wasn't like that in the manga. Luffy just double fist-palms Caesar, and that's it.

http://www.mangapanda.com/one-piece/692/5

d[-.-]b
Aug 1, 2004

Shadow0 posted:

What I expected: "Intense! Aokiji vs Doflamingo!"
What I got:

You didn't include his hilarious perv face.

d[-.-]b
Aug 1, 2004

lowercase16 posted:

Good thing I habitually skip over the opening. Turns a 22 minute show into a quick 15.

I like to watch the We Are intro during the actual intro.

d[-.-]b
Aug 1, 2004

Spidder posted:

True, they had their chance, but I think this time around the story is written in such a way that they can't not do it the proper way. It might be just me but I think Oda has been taking the anime into account, and written an arc that, unless they do some proper filler scenes instead of their usual poo poo, will feel really weird and disjointed in TV format compared to a comic, where it works just fine. Sort of like forcing them to do it right.

They pretty much did do this in the latest episode. A lot of the Sanji stuff wasn't in the manga, but it did help expand on what he was doing while off panel. Some of the Zoro and Kinemon stuff wasn't in the manga, too.

d[-.-]b
Aug 1, 2004

No new episode this week?

d[-.-]b
Aug 1, 2004

Suspicious Lump posted:

There's waaay to much poo poo going on:

1. Sanji and the latino girl

She's clearly Spanish. And even if she wasn't, she'd be Latina, not Latino.

d[-.-]b
Aug 1, 2004

Aw, Law's hoodie says Corazon on the back. :h:

d[-.-]b
Aug 1, 2004

Shadow0 posted:

He needed constant guards so he could charge up (why doesn't he just charge in between rounds?), he wouldn't have guards in the second round. In fact, far too many people relied on teamwork. It only gets you to round 2 maybe. Like what's Jacket-Jacket's plan for round 2? He's going to have to knock his brother out of the ring even provided he could win round 1. I guess it's just silly to me how many people are entering the tournament that have literally zero chance to win.

But at least they're good Ussy fodder.

I don't get why they weren't combined to begin with.

d[-.-]b
Aug 1, 2004

Shadow0 posted:

I finally caught up from the last few weeks. So Doflamingo made an appearance in episode 151, and it wasn't until episode 655 that anyone actually named his fruit (though I think most people figured it out by then), which is 504 episodes. So that means that Monkey D Dragon will almost certainly hold the title for longest time spent without naming his power. He was introduced in episode 52, so that's already nearly 600 episodes. I have a feeling it is the Ten Ten Fruit, but I could be way wrong.

Episodes don't mean anything because there can be more or less filler material in them. If your desire is the measure how long between introduction and reveal is, you should go back to the chapters.

d[-.-]b
Aug 1, 2004

I just realized that the people who organized the tournament probably put Rebecca in block D so that even if she won, she'd be the least rested competitor for the finals.

d[-.-]b
Aug 1, 2004

Suspicious Lump posted:

Ep 666 was a bit random. A few details seem to be missing, Luffy getting out even though nobody can leave!!!, Rebecca winning because Cavendish has an alter ego who can kill instantly while he sleeps, Sabo appearing and taking over as Lucy with nothing more than Luffy crying hysterically for a while after. We didnt even get to see his face. Guess who it is! Nah change angel, Guess who it is! Nah change angel. Hopefully some quick flashbacks? I dont know odd episode.

It was like that in the manga, too. Bellami tells Luffy that he's going to leave the coliseum, and if someone happens to follow him out, then that's none of his business. You never actually see him leave.

d[-.-]b
Aug 1, 2004

Suspicious Lump posted:

Completely forgot about the second half of the little girls powers, everyone forgets about you. Which explains a lot including Kyros being the commander/one leg soldier. That's something I didnt really see coming. I just hope he gets restored so he can become awesome again.

It's even better than that. The Tontattas have been shown to be handicapped by their naïveté, but the only reason Kyros was able to convince them and only them of who he was was precisely because of how naive they are. He basically overrode Sugar's forget power just by virtue of how trusting they are.

d[-.-]b
Aug 1, 2004

KoB posted:

Yeah, I dont think they explain why, but Solider didnt have any commands placed on him, only the transformation and memory stuff.

It's because Sugar wasn't prepared, and Kyros ran away fast enough to not get a contract.

d[-.-]b
Aug 1, 2004

Crazyeyes posted:

1. I absolutely agree but doubt we'll be seeing Kaido for a depressingly long time, yet. Remember that Sanji and tertiary crew are still floating around Big Mom's flagship for some reason and have been for a long time. Something has to happen with that and no way Oda is gonna blow all the biggest series reveals one after another like that.

2. Now that BB's powers are out and known I doubt he will be surprising many more (high-end) devil fruit users with the whole "it's gonna pass through me" ruse.

But Marines still try to shoot bullets at Logias, though.

d[-.-]b
Aug 1, 2004

So in this most recent episode, we had Doflamingo flashing back to running away from the townspeople, which was a flashback from getting captured by the townspeople, which was a flashback from around when Rosintate got stabbed, which was a flashback from Law's past, which is a flashback from the entire One Piece storyline as told by the narrator.

d[-.-]b
Aug 1, 2004

Is there no new episode this week?

d[-.-]b
Aug 1, 2004

Parrotine posted:

Where were you when Pell survived a loving Atomic Bomb at point blank range

Or Whitebeard's laundry list of injuries.

d[-.-]b
Aug 1, 2004

So Violet can hear through her eyes?

d[-.-]b
Aug 1, 2004

Crazyeyes posted:

I can't imagine why they wouldn't considering that's like explicitly what the fruit does ( allows soul-body separation)

I think he's talking about the functional immortality. If someone slit the regular guy's throat after he revived, he'd probably just die. But since Brook is a skeleton, his throat can't be slit.

d[-.-]b
Aug 1, 2004

gnome7 posted:

And much later than that, Oda clarified in an SBS that Chopper's fruit is actually Hito Hito no Mi: Model Yeti. Sengoku also has a Hito Hito no Mi: Model Buddha. So there's more than one Hito Hito no Mi and the two we've seen so far both have some very obviously useful effects.

Can't wait for the Hito Hito no Mi: Model Cyborg, to go toe to toe with Franky.

Whoa whoa whoa when did this ever happen? Chopper doesn't even have the OG human fruit?

d[-.-]b
Aug 1, 2004

Shadow0 posted:

I always took the enlightenment thing to be a hint at Sengoku's power and assumed that eating the hito hito fruit as a human would give you that model. That said, that would mean there were two hito hito fruits.

I wish the Yeti thing were true. Then I'd hate Chopper slightly less.

Slightly.

I forgot Brook had that ability. I suppose that means there are at least 3 fruits that achieve Sanji's 2nd dream.

[edit]That seems like a much much better dream than All-Blue (which makes more sense to be at Reverse Mountain, where all the oceans of the world meet...). Going to Fishman Island also seems like a better dream.[/edit]

Brook seemed to imply that becoming a skeleton is only a result of having not found his body in time, and not an inherent ability of the fruit. So I wonder how it would have been had he not skeletonized. Presumably he can still die, so if you don't allow yourself to skeletonize, would you just get a second life? Like a Mario mushroom. And I wonder if being underwater would just flat out kill him since his ability to live at all is a result of his fruit.

I'm still not sure how he learned he could walk on water before there was anyone to save him in case he failed and also because he's touching sea water. Seems like an incredibly dangerous idea to try. But when you have 50 years to be crazy, you might spend some time believing your Jesus I guess. Incredibly small detail, but it bothered me, haha.

I would not eat his or Chopper's fruit if given the chance.

Brook's fruit isn't covert, so it wouldn't fulfill Sanji's criteria.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

d[-.-]b
Aug 1, 2004

Shadow0 posted:

Yeah, his explanation made it sound like that. Imagine all those chumps returning to their bodies immediately and not gaining any powers. He's also said that he had more spirit powers due to his prolonged time spent as a spirit.

It's funny that he had 50 years to train, but it only took 2 to gain a whole new dimension to his powers after joining the crew. Must be the Luffy effect. (But how did he learn he could run on water when he was alone at sea? Seems like a dangerous thing to test.)

He probably just fell overboard and was forced to find out the hard way.