Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Oxygen Deficiency posted:

Oh cool, you kept my review!

That was an awesome episode! I'm glad I didn't spoil any of the new designs for myself. Franky looks to have changed the most, but ripped Usopp was pretty surprising as well.

I guess it's a manga thing, but i'm not as attached to the Fakehats as the rest of you seem to be. I assume they'll be around for a while?

Some people did some fan art and they became a mini meme in the Manga thread, which made them more popular than they would be to an anime only person.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Mundi posted:

Only thing that bothered me was:The image change with Nami and Robin was basically: Less cloths, bigger tits.

Well, they did have Usopp comment on it. Of course they also had Robin's "One Piece" in the OP be across her tits.

Holy poo poo, I didn't notice that each of their One Piece individual backgrounds had one odd background object. Most of them are kind of blah, but Franky's is hammers with one speedo and Usopp's one off item is a rubber band.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Himuro posted:

Man, I can't wait for you anime only folks to see if you change your tune on Franky's design. I wasn't fond of it myself at first either, but it grows on you.

I still prefer his old arms, but that's just because I don't like square forearms.

Edit: Oh god, the new design Franky cosplay has already begun.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Nechronic posted:

Mihawk was trying to keep scrubs out of the Grand Line. Zoro is keeping scrubs out of the new world.

SCRUBS

This is what happens when you hang out the side of your best friend's pirate ship.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Cuchulain posted:

There is exactly one Stereotypical pirate spread across different characters. Zeff's got the only peg leg, Crocodile has the only hook, Roger's coat, Blackbeard's hat, etc.

I feel real bad for the guy who got stuck with the scurvy.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
New Episode is up. Hope you're ready for a concert.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
The one word sentences between Sanji and Zoro were fantastic.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
In the manga did they(manga spoilers) show off Caribou's ability at this point? I could have sworn that they held off until later.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
I hated Coby and was glad he didn't stay with Luffy and Zoro. However after his reappearance he's pretty OK. The real importance of Coby is as an example of the effect of Luffy on the world. He makes everyone he interacts with stand a little taller and dream a little bigger, assuming they're neither an Absolute Justice rear end in a top hat nor the recipient of a world class beating.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Stupid Boob posted:

All of what he said was from manga covers, which will likely never be shown in the anime.

Yeah, this is the same place where we learned that Enel made it to the Moon and had adventures with Moon Men. Also where we saw the continuing adventures of CP9 following their beating at the hands of the Straw Hats.

I think the only cover stories to ever actually tie back in were Buggy's adventures, which they animated before his reintroduction.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
I forgot about Hachi and Camie. But all of it was fairly irrelevant to the plot while the Buggy ones actually showed how he got his missing pieces back.

Or I could be remembering wrong.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Endorph posted:

If the joke was at Sanji's expense, then there'd be at least some people there who weren't horrifically ugly, and the other characters wouldn't react the same way.

Yeah, it was slightly tolerable when it was Sanji on their island. Oh ho, the ladies man is now surrounded by gay cross-dressers. How delightfully "ironic". But defeating an entire squad of Marines with the power of their super icky kisses and terminatoresque drive for affection jettisons the idea's kernel of non-horribleness into the ionosphere.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

WhiffleballDude posted:

Also, basically anything involving Franky was perfect. That's not a spoiler because everyone already knows that.

To be honest I didn't think anything would top nipple lights. And then he went and did some burlesque morris code.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Liar posted:

"I want to die staring at the mermaids in a disgusting way!"

If they ever make a talking Sanji doll this needs to be one of its lines.

They must also include "Wow! Yes! Come On!".

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

CubanMissile posted:

I think Robin is my least favorite. She's not really funny and I don't remember her fighting anyone important or doing it in a particularly interesting way. And it bugs me that I don't know if her revolutionary jaunt trained in her in any way.

She can make full clones of herself now and her giant appendages look like actual appendages instead of thousands of arms in the shape of said appendage. On the other hand we haven't seen how much information she's added from the revolutionaries, though it would be somewhat hard to tell what's new knowledge and what's old knowledge she just hasn't shared yet.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

User0015 posted:

That reminds me of something. Not this episode, but last episode, when Sanji sees the mermaids and announces he's finally found his version of All Blue and has seen his lifelong dream.

Two years on that island really hosed with his head. If I remember correctly he changes his dream a couple times on the way down because the poor guy hasn't seen boobies in 2 years. Once Chopper's pictures of ladies treatment is fully completed he'll be back to looking for the real All Blue.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

IShallRiseAgain posted:

In that one bar at loguetown, that old guy lists a bunch of awesome things Gold Roger accomplished. Also, Garp was never able to capture him, and he is pretty strong.

Additionally Whitebeard in his Prime couldn't kick his rear end, and Leo, who was apparently super badass, got beat by him.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
No on in the manga thread knows either, but there are a lot of ironic horrible sharingan jokes that pop up from time to time in place of that knowledge.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Flameingblack posted:

Are you one of those people that have to have a weekly series on a big-screen TV to enjoy it? That sounds quite silly. It's 25 minutes and although there's commercials in it, the subs by Funimation are free, and legal, and it a pretty great streaming quality.

For me the last couple of episodes have played straight through without commercials for some reason. I hope it's something that continues, because really why are you showing me the same ad 5 times in a row?

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
It's very important that you watch this week's One Piece, if only for the greatest formation of a rubber man, a giant shark, and a giant mermaid that mankind has yet to devise.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Loanarn posted:

Looks more like Sammo Hung point than Bruce Lee point.

Which only makes it better.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Scratchman Apoo posted:

I haven't watched the anime episode but isn't it possible that

Hody is just lying?

If so they'll need to further complicate matters by [manga spoiler]making it clear that he was just completely pointlessly lying.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
New Episode is up. Will Sanji turn around and die from blood loss at the sight of the Mermaid Princess?

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Astro Ambulance posted:

I have seen the whole show twice, I just can't remember what you are talking about.

Witness the power.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpR8XIVSOz0

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Liar posted:

I think it gets used to much. The Enel-face should only be used when the most extreme of craziness happens.

It happens so much because while it should be used for extreme craziness, Luffy is the main focus of the story and he's craziness incarnate.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
New Episode is up. Hope you were jonesin for an Arlong recap and moonfaced Nami.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
I love that Kizaru has a plaque that says Uncertain Justice.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
I want to like the Queen and her cause isn't wrong, but god drat is she stupid. Not even Jesus asks you to say "please sir, may I have another" as you turn your other cheek.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
He's got the same fashion sense, but his face/voice remind me more of Smoker for some reason or maybe the Bison Zoan guy from Drum Island.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
I've really come to wonder how the gently caress the World Government even functions with the Tenryuubito going around just loving everything up. I mean, how do the Marines and their sundry forms of Justice(exempting any hosed up followers of Feudal Justice) even tolerate that poo poo? It's not like the worthless fuckers could do anything if the Marines just agreed to smack some reason into their heads.

And how does the non-Marine part even function when the Tenryuubito think they're better than the actual governments that make up the World Government? I think I understand what they're supposed to be, but there's just no reason to explain their continued existence. You can't have a collection of a few hundred assorted Neros, Calligulas, and Commodi running around doing whatever depraved and insane thing they like without explaining why the Military and Legislative branches of the government allow it. Especially when said collection of grandiose sociopaths are all but helpless on their own and near universally despised.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
I just took it as a comment on how hosed up Vander Decken is.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
This is pretty late, but I kind of like Luffy's new open red blouse with yellow sash outfit. Amazon Lilly did a good job with that one.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Senor Candle posted:

I caught up with the show during Impel Down, and I feel like Marineford was dragging way more than Fishman Island has so far. Are they actually only getting in one chapter an episode?

That's because Marineford was obviously filled out with marathon training filler. With all the running they did toward Ace, Marineford must have been about as wide as the distance between Charlston S.C. and the Mississippi.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

bondster posted:

Impel Down, when Luffy healed from Magellans poison: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33ASsy0TW-s (about 1:25) warning: audio may be poo poo

Sometimes I forget that meat is an actual medical treatment for Luffy.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
I really hate how the anime does the water bullets. It makes it look like some sort of nasty mucus secretion instead of just water being thrown.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
I like how the 100k enemies that started out as "man that's a lot of guys for the crew to take out" has quickly become "man I sure hope there's enough guys left for Franky to bust out the new weapons".

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Dukeofdummies posted:

What I wanna know is where would he put them? Cannon in the lion's mouth, clearly it had to be done, but what does that leave left? Does the mast now double as a missile silo now? Or perhaps the other ships within the carousel combine with the Sunny to create ALPHA SUNNY, THE VOLTRON-ESQUE MECHA THAT RUNS OFF OF A COLA/ALCOHOL BLEND!

The last part was purely a hypothesis and probably didn't need to be blocked.

There's always room for pirate docking. Always. Or Franky could be planning on using Big Emperor, with Nami subbing in for Robin.

How many fishman can Robin take out with a death stare over the revival of Big Emperor?

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
New Episode is out. So much good stuff in this one it's hard to narrow down. Brook breaks new boundaries in psychedelic music, Chopper is now Tank Commander Chopper, Franky breaks out his ridiculous Franky weapons, and the pure glee of Surume beating down Fishmen is infectious.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Crocodile is a proper villain with his head on straight, I don't know how you could possibly not like him. I mean he's an absolute dick, but hey that's just part of being a villain, nothing personal, all part of the world conquest plan and all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
I still don't know which is funnier, Franky's antics or Nami and Robin's complete disdain for them. Also Chopper makes the cutest roar mankind has ever heard.

Edit: It's truly impressive how many of Luffy's buttons Hody has managed to push so far. We're quickly approaching a place where the only thing left is for him to rave about how great the cherry pie of a nameless bar in Jaya is.

Gyges fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Jul 29, 2012