Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

bondster posted:

So remember that One Piece in 6 minutes video that I put in the OP? Well the same guy did another video, this time adding 4 more minutes

Since I'm at work, does this one go back and add in the joining the crew scenes for the members that were skipped over in the last one, or is it just 4 minutes of post Marineford?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Given the popularity of One Piece in Japan I'm kind of surprised they don't just do filler or take a break. I mean, I know Japanese TV works way differently than TV as thought up in the Americas and Europe, but One Piece seems to be popular enough for them to do a little dictating of how stuff gets done. poo poo, run some best of reruns and put the free money in your bank while Oda gets far enough ahead to where the padding isn't so horrible Stevie Wonder wearing earplugs can tell.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Is the Arlong Park OVA starting this week or next week?

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
New Episode is up. Hordy becomes Mumm-Ra the Ever-Living.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
So, is anyone actually subbing the Arlong Park OVA? Or is a week just too soon for a sub of it?

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
I was flipping through the channels and came across Top Gear, which put a question in my head. Are Luffy's gears based on automotive or bicycling gears? I ask because if it's the former we've got anywhere from one to three more gears to see, but if it's the latter then there's possibly a shitload more to see.

Shadow0 posted:

I guess it's still better than Brook creating musical drugs that affects specific targets, not just anyone that hears it.

Chances are pretty good that the funkadelic music drugs also work on Luffy, despite his not being the target. It's just that the only thing weaker than his willpower against mind altering states is his attention span.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
New Episode is up. And that change that the manga readers bitched about towards the beginning of the arc comes home to roost. At least it was long enough ago that a lot of people might have forgotten about it.

Also Robin's newfound power levels are completely off the charts. Yes, a way was found to make her broken ability even more broken should it be used to full extent. Mother Fuckers best not be loving with any archaeological sites.

Gyges fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Sep 9, 2012

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

seigfox posted:

Judging from the tease from a few episodes ago I'm guessing she can clone herself somehow. In addition to creating millions of limbs that can also form giant limbs. And forming limbs on others that then fold them in unnatural ways.

It's broken up and down really.

It's cloning with probable teleportation abilities. Either she's sitting back and creating clones from the shadows or she was caught in the net and teleported behind whatshisface and then cloned herself for a double clutch. The giant limbs may or may not be new, depending on if they're just a whole bunch of parts working together in the form of something, like when she makes wings, or if they're actually giant appendages.

Also she thinks Jimbei is handsome. Sanji will be crushed.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
That's why the real Robin is still hanging out with Dragon.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
I got bored so I figured I'd watch the new walk to Arlong Park in the Nami OVA. For some reason they changed the music from Overtaken to The Very, Very Strongest.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Not yet to my knowledge. I was just looking at the pretty flashing colors and nonsense sounds out of curiosity.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
New Episode. Wow, I really liked that. They finally did what they should have been doing all along and found a constructive way to pad out the episode. At least I don't remember that awesomely hosed up Hody musing from the manga. Got some nice shades of Pink Elephants on Parade in his psychosis.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Shadow0 posted:

I'm all for filler. In my opinion, the filler is usually not too bad. I understand it's hard to break out of the arc and do some filler (Bleach figured it out, I guess...), but I think the fans would be a lot happier. Even if they do the ones where everyone is in medieval Japan.

Bleach's filler break was hilarious in the way it did it though. If I remember correctly they actually broke off mid fight for an extended period and had Ichigo be annoyed by it.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
New Episode. Brook is now in in the same ridiculously overpowered fruit league as Robin. A true Soul Man.

Also, Luffy appears to have gone full Shaolin on the island after Raleigh left and learned animal attacks.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
New Episode is up.

Shirahoshi seems determined to replace Kurosaki-kun with Luffy-kun in the annals of annoying "battle" cries.

Edit: sorry

Gyges fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Sep 30, 2012

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Autumncomet posted:

Episode of Nami subs someone said? :)

Here's the .rear end file. It's timed with a 1:46:06 raw. You guys should use the Spanish subbed release done by The World of Kirano Fansubs, with the original timing, and just switch the subtitle track (or find a raw with the same length, this one is nearly 1.6GB). The English translation was done by Mr. Luffy of Arlong Park forums and looks good for the most part. I can link this because Funimation hasn't picked it up and probably won't any time soon.

Wow, they compressed out a lot of the best parts. Like nearly all the awesome :zoro:. And the music change for the walk to Arlong Park really detracts.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

cooldude2.0 posted:

Because the next batch isn't ready to harvest yet. The problem with Usopp's new abilities is he must have a huge garden somewhere on the ship. Or maybe once he runs out he'll just scrounge whatever is lying around, but he can't have infinite pop greens in his bag.

Usopp's bag has always been a bag of holding.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Dragonatrix posted:

In name, sure, but I can't remember the last time he did anything actually sniper-related. Everything he's done has been based more around his trickster abilities, thank proficiency at hitting dudes from a distance. That might be because he hasn't had a fight with any other snipers/ranged fighters though, so I imagine the drat-near inevitable fight with Yassop will change that a little.

Yeah, Luffy should definitely switch out Usopp for Sogeking. That dude was sniper as gently caress. Hitting dudes with a slingshot from beyond gun range, against the wind.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
New Episode is up. Jesus Christ that's got to be the most over the top blood transfusion in history. The ending question definitely deserves this though.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
I'd say that Luffy is less the chosen one than one of the chosen ones. After all it seems like anyone with a legit middle name of D has the same ability to change the world as he does.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Kid has a higher bounty than Luffy because he and his crew are pretty sadistic. The Straw Hats just get bounties for publicly and outrageously thumbing their nose at government authority.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
So, New Episode.

• Find out why Zorro is the perfect first mate for Luffy
  • Filler character has a racist as gently caress design
  • Robin apparently got ridiculous breast implants to celebrate their victory, even by One Piece standards
  • No, seriously, what the gently caress is with that singer?

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
New Episode. Wrappin' it all up.

poo poo load of ads in this episode though. All of them for Windows poo poo.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
It's also worth noting that the next arc's villain is loving fantastic.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
I think One Piece prefers to just drag out every episode so as to keep it just one chapter rather than add any filler. Doesn't make sense to me. Use your evil corporate powers to shovel crap at your captive audience. A new child character every week! What are they going to do, not watch the animation of the by far most popular written Japanese work of our time?

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
God I love how the Strawhats are just so used to Luffy's insanity that they simply have resigned expressions while everyone else is freaking out.

That ending was necessary to set Luffy on the path to be worthy of the continued rivalry of the great Admiral Buggy.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Wow, I forgot how fantastic the beginning of Thriller Bark was. Brook's intro is great, and everything that's the crew, minus Nami, Usopp and Chopper, facing spooky things is just hilarious.

So, What are you doing here?
Well, zombi stuff. Being buried, rotting.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

lordfrikk posted:

Yeah, that scene was amazing. It rivals the islands song scene during the Skypiea arc.

Luffy actually repurposes the islands song while he's riding the "cerberus", making it about all the interesting things he's seeing.

When he tames the cerberus is hillarious as well. The soothing good doggies as it's biting him.

Gyges fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Nov 13, 2012

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Dukeofdummies posted:

Yeah I always despise when something gets too powerful. Superman was always my least favorite hero because seriously you may as well list what he can't do. "He can leap tall buildings in a single bound" not that it really matters because he can loving fly. I will never understand how a man that powerful takes an hour and a half to stop anyone.

Superman is great when he's written well. You've got essentially a human god which gives you access to a lot of interesting takes on things, takes which of course DC rarely manages to examine. Really the most common problem seems to be that Batman writers really want to write a Superman story and Superman writers are trying their best to write a Batman story. How can I gimp my demigod down a few notches to human? I don't know, I'm busy trying to figure out how to make my human into a demigod.

In One Piece Anime related text, I watched the Foxy filler that followed Thriller Bark for the first time. Even with two stupid filler kids and Foxy idiocy it was actually kind of enjoyable. I honestly was not expecting the response to a kidnapping to be "gently caress you, we're gonna wreck up the place."

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Did Z have the same level of suport from Oda as Strong World did? Because that trailer shows a girl using a Devil Fruit power that looks a whole lot like Supernova Jewelry Bonnie's.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Watching that trailer again, Whitebeard looks weird with long blond hair and his trademark giant white mustache.

MonsterEnvy posted:

On the aging fruit it's diffrent but similer.

Ain
A. Only makes things younger

B. Ain's powers work on anything

C. Has to touch target to use power on it

Bonney
A. Make things Younger or Older

B. Only works on Living things

C. Does not need to touch to use powers

How do you write yourself into a place where you need to mostly copy an already existing Devil Fruit ability? At least if is was a Zoanish plot requisite power you wouldn't be going against the feel of devil fruits. Hell even a Logia lets you play with different similar but different "elements". Paramecia powers on the other hand I don't think we've ever seen have similar powers. I guess there was the one guy at Enies Lobby who ate a berry fruit that sort of kind of gave him similar disembodiment powers to Buggy.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Hey, it's not their fault it takes 12 hours to run across 50 yards of ice. It's just really hard to run on, especially if you shout your brother's name every 2 minutes.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
New episode is out.

So, mini-mini giant is way better than typical filler child. The movie it's tying into looks to have an interesting antagonist too.

Also, there's a pet llama. gently caress yeah.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
I wouldn't say the next arc drags. But either way, they're pretty much doing one chapter per episode when they're doing the manga, so it would take the same amount of time for the anime as the manga.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
The current filler is probably Oda influenced since it ties into the new movie. So it's a lot like the Shiki the Lion filler added in before Strong World came out.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
New Episode is out

So it turns out that wasn't a llama. No, that was an alpaca named alpacacino. A pun of such magnitude is not seen every day.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

gnome7 posted:

This filler arc is looking to be on par with G8. I am loving this.

This is way better than G8. G8 was good for filler, this is just good.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
I honestly never understood how much you guys like G8. I skipped over it when I was just watching the anime because it was clearly just filler to me. When I went back and watched it, I found it not bad, but hardly worth the praise that I always see it get.

The last two episode though I find to be really good. We've always known the Strawhat's motivations, and the mystery of the Navy's motivations only lies in which brand of Justice the presented group follows. Clearly this is just set up for the Z movie, but the only minus from that is how the long arms dude just came out and said their motivations. Though it's not like Oda hasn't had other characters do similar things with a different variation on the forgetting not to tell people gag.

Then again this could just be a difference in perspective. People who were reading the manga back when G8 came out got a fresh story after some painful pacing in the anime. As I was not, this is my first exposure to the breath of fresh air of decent filler after a tsunami of horrible pacing. Did Oda have anything to do with G8?

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

What happened to the writers is "Oh poo poo we're kinda close to catching up to the manga, but can't do filler. Let's stretch this poo poo out as far as we can!"

So basically the same thing as Fishman Island, despite the fact that the anime wasn't that close to the manga at that point.

The whole thing with Marineford was that they could totally do filler. It's a literal war between pirates and the marines, make filler battles. Hell, make an entire filler subplot about a filler pirate/crew and his/their filler arch nemesis in the Marines. Fighting it out on the sidelines, trying to get to Ace.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Shadow0 posted:

But unfortunately, movie spoiler: the alpaca makes no appearance or even mention.

Boycotting this travesty now.