Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Irony.or.Death
Apr 1, 2009

I am trapped in a desolate wasteland that seems to hate peat, so I can't find any of the scotches I know and love - all that's available out here is highland stuff and a billion kinds of bourbon. So I've been starting to explore non-scotch whiskeys a little and some of them have been pretty tasty, but nothing that really hits me with the smoke I crave. Any labels I should be keeping a watch for? I did notice some Connamara last time I was out, but didn't feel like an $80 gamble at the moment so skipped it - impressions on that also welcomed. Thanks, all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Irony.or.Death
Apr 1, 2009

spankmeister posted:

Would be helpful if you could provide your location or maybe a website of a store that has a representative inventory for your area.

Wildcard suggestion: If you want smokey aromas might be worthwhile to get into Mezcal.

I'm in Lincoln, NE - I'd give you some links but nobody I'm aware of has inventory on their website.

And I love the hell out of Mezcal.