Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mega Boris
Feb 21, 2001

Better luck next time, slugheads!
I just added myself to the waiting list at Astor Wines here in NYC for the fall release of the Pappy's. I am number 80 on the list.... they dont come out until October!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mega Boris
Feb 21, 2001

When and Why has Pappy Van Winkle developed this crazy cult following.
I mean don't get me wrong, the stuff is good, but there are just as many fine bourbons out there.

3 years ago, I could get the stuff on the shelf.

Now i'm on a 300 person waiting list and the stores that DO have it price gouge.

I'll just need to find a new favorite I guess.

Mega Boris
Feb 21, 2001

This past month has been a good one to me:

I'm holding on to the Van Winkle stuff for my wedding, which is in April.

Mega Boris
Feb 21, 2001

spankmeister posted:

Excellent, and congrats. :)

Thanks. As an aside, this will most likely be the last year I try to actively pursue trying to find the Van Winkle stuff. While it is amazing stuff, the recent press has made it almost a) impossible to find or b) prohibitably expensive. There are plenty of great wheaters out there like any of the Wellers.

I am hoping that in a few years, when the hype dies down, I will be able to once again grab a bottle of pappy off the shelf at at a reasonable price.

This past week I saw a bottle of 15 yr PVW on the shelf of a local liquor store for $300. Next to it were two bottles of Stagg and one of William Larue Weller at the normal price of $70 a bottle. Just shows you the effect of the hype.

Mega Boris fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Dec 11, 2012