Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

deathfalls
Oct 28, 2003
death cult armageddon
So, with my Christmas bonus burning a hole in my pocket, been itching to pick up some new bottles. Picked up a bottle of Bulleit Rye tonight. Good stuff, quite pleased with my purchase there. Also recently acquired Thomas H. Handy Sazerac, it's delicious. Even though it's cask strength, didn't need to use any water. The store also had the Sazerac 18 and George T. Stagg, thinking about going back to pick up those (if they're still around, last year I remember them selling out before I could get any) since I haven't tried those before.

On the scotch side, I was given Laphroaig 18 as a gift.... I've only had the 10 year and the Quarter Cask so it was a treat. The peat is subdued a bit, but it's a drat fine scotch. Ardbeg Uigeadail has also blown my mind, I could drink that every night.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deathfalls
Oct 28, 2003
death cult armageddon
Is WhistlePig Rye supposed to be pretty pricey?
I ran across a bottle of it around here but it's $99.
Seems kinda steep for a rye considering most of them I've bought in the past were under $50

I've got a bottle of Wild Turkey Rye, Bulleit Rye, Sazerac, Thomas H. Handy and Rittenhouse currently.
Haven't quite decided on a favorite, though the Rittenhouse is pretty much almost gone.

deathfalls
Oct 28, 2003
death cult armageddon
Is it possible to get a bad batch of whiskey? I bought another bottle of Bulleit Rye yesterday and just got around to opening it and it tastes foul, nothing like the other bottles of it that I've had. Never experienced that with whiskey before.