Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

beefnchedda
Aug 16, 2004
I am trying to pick up a belated mother's day gift and my mom has recently gotten into bourbon. She says she enjoys Woodford and Bulleit, but not Eagle Rare. Unfortunately, she is not able to describe her likes and dislikes with any clarity. Any recommendations on bourbons that I should have try? I was leaning towards Four Roses Single Barrel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beefnchedda
Aug 16, 2004

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

The Costco near me has exactly one single malt Scotch, the store branded Macallan 15, and a store branded bourbon that doesn't say the distiller.

For those in the Bay Area, Costco has Lagavulin 16 for 51 dollars right now, if I remember correctly. Found at both stores in South San Francisco.

beefnchedda
Aug 16, 2004

Politicalrancor posted:

Which loving Costco in California?

I have seen it at San Francisco and both South San Francisco stores for that price - although I think it was 65 on my last visit.
Also the San Francisco store seems to have more premium liquor now and has a bottle of 1964 Glenlivet for $1750.00

beefnchedda
Aug 16, 2004

Furious Lobster posted:

Pasadena, CA. It's not an usual occurrence because I always check when I swing by Costco every month or so.

They seem to drop the prices every year around the Holidays at California Costcos. I normally stock up on the Lagavulin.