Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Windyblade
Oct 17, 2005

I hope we're still friends after I taser you.

Mikey Purp posted:

Also, does anyone have any experiences with Booker's? That was the other bottle I was contemplating before going with the Four Roses.

Booker's is my favorite bourbon by far, there's something intense about it that makes it unique. The flavors really just click in a special way. Even the vanilla, which I usually find to be either overpowering or not worth mentioning, actually adds something for once. It seems to be a love it or hate it thing for most people, but I say it's absolutely worth trying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Windyblade
Oct 17, 2005

Picked up a bottle of Four Roses Small Batch for around $30 yesterday based on recommendations in the thread and it's very, very good. Is Single Barrel a significant upgrade in your opinions? If so I might just have to spring for it on my next liquor store outing.

Windyblade
Oct 17, 2005

Hmmm, if you weren't into Rare Breed I don't see any reason to entertain the WT 101 as an option. For your price range I'd go with the Four Roses or Buffalo Trace, with the latter always striking me as a little sweeter than most bourbons (but still very good).

Windyblade
Oct 17, 2005

As a bourbon drinker just starting to break into scotch, I thought this chart was pretty neat. Is it fairly accurate as far as you veterans can tell?