Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
There are occasionally good things about living in Kentucky.

(2716/2732)

We haven't discovered proper camera technology yet though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
The smell that comes out of those warehouses is unbelievable.

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
Four Roses is way too sweet to mix with coke. It's meant to be sipped, and in my opinion it's too syrupy when mixed with soda. Makers or Bulleit are solid coke mixers and won't break the bank, at least where I live.

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta

Zeno-25 posted:

Since we're talking about barrel-proof, this is also some amazing (and powerful) stuff:

One of the best bourbons I've ever had in my life. Too bad it's like a hundred bucks and only available once a year.

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta

NightConqueror posted:

I've really only had rye whiskey in mixed drinks, like Manhattans. Are they pretty decent on their own, neat? I've been eyeing up a bottle of Bulliet Rye near me. The price certainly is pretty reasonable.

I didn't care for Bulleit Rye when I tried it.

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
I could see Bulleit Rye in a Manhattan.

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
I am really hungry for an old fashioned all of a sudden.

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta

NightConqueror posted:

I've just run out of bourbon and I'm looking to pick up another. My go-to bourbon so far has always been either Wild Turkey 101 or Buffalo Trace. I've been eyeing up Four Roses recently. Is anything other than their Single Barrel offering worthwhile? Any other recomendations within the $20-$40 range?

Knob Creek single barrel.

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
Tried Pappy Van Winkle 12 year last night. It was really good but not amazing or notable.

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
I've probably mentioned this before but Lagavulin 16 is ambrosia. Best scotch I've ever tried.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
I just want to say I really enjoy the occasional bourbon and coke and I don't see anything wrong with it. Usually the best I'll use is Maker's, but I've been known to mix some Knob Creek Single Barrel with coke. gently caress the haters.