Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stalizard
Aug 11, 2006

Have I got a headache!
Every time I make a pizza the crust turns out less chewy and more like a cracker. I've tried both the Reinhart pizza dough where you leave it in the fridge for a couple days and Emeril's food processor pizza dough, I leave the oven to preheat to 500 and bake it on a stone until the crust gets some color and the cheese is bubbly.

It seems like the logical answer is that I'm leaving it in the oven too long, but my first five or so pizzas suffered from being extremely undercooked so I don't think cooking it for less time will help if my oven is as hot as it can get. Also, I used to live right next to the world's best Neapolitan pizza place and their ovens are like 900 degrees, that reinforces my belief that the problem is in my dough rather than my oven.

Do you have any idea what I'm doing wrong? I just want a crust that is a little chewy on the inside and crisp on the outside, this can't be that hard. I have made like ten pizzas and the crust is the only thing I haven't been able to get right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU