Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cizzo
Jul 5, 2007

Haters gonna hate.

niss posted:

Made another pizza, same dough as before. The crust on this was much closer to what I like, nice and thin, thanks to my new roller. Also got a new pizza blade to cut it, can't stand the normal pizza cutters, as I always just end up pushing all the toppings around.

I had that problem with standard pizza cutters and then I went the Ice Cream route and would slightly wet my pizza cutter with hot water and the toppings no longer ripped off my pizza.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cizzo
Jul 5, 2007

Haters gonna hate.

smarion2 posted:

:psyduck: You know that works with ICE cream is because it's cold, and the HOT scooper melts the ICE cream to make it easier to scoop.

Not too sure what a slightly warm pizza cutter is going to do to a 400 degree pie.

Bro I'm just as :psyduck: as you. It just seems to work though.

Cizzo
Jul 5, 2007

Haters gonna hate.

smarion2 posted:

That's what I'm saying. The hot part is just ridiculous.

Haha. I just used hot water on a whim. Didn't really try it with cold water because it worked with the hot water. Point taken though.

Cizzo
Jul 5, 2007

Haters gonna hate.

agentseven posted:

I've come up with a pie that fairly well emulates my favorite (non-Neopolitan) NY pizza, which comes from a local chain called NYPD (New York Pizza Department).

Are you talking about the one in Orlando? I've been past that place a few times but never took the chance because of the cheesy name (no pun intended).

Cizzo
Jul 5, 2007

Haters gonna hate.

Veritek83 posted:

Bottom had an ok crunch- also a lot of cornmeal from the cutting board I was using as a peel. Biggest problem was that I didn't get the dough thin enough and so there were undercooked spots, especially near the edges. I need to get better at rolling/tossing my dough(and maybe make it myself).

It helps to use more flour when you're rolling it out from my experience. Makes it stay put more rather than contract.