Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

I forgot we had this thread!

The pizza stone is something I lost in the big break up 6 years ago, and never replaced. So last week I blew 3 bucks on some tiles from Home Depot.

I was trying to reproduce an awesome brick oven pizza that I had in The Village in NYC. From this place:

http://www.yelp.com/biz/numero-28-new-york-3

Nice simple pie with a light pan sauce, real buffalo motz and fresh basil. Didn't get the crust thin enough, but otherwise it turned out yummy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Senor Tron posted:

Does anyone have a good gluten free pizza dough recipe they can share?

Gluten-free Pizza crust recipe:

http://melomeals.blogspot.com/2010/12/frugan-oh-that-gluten-free-pizza.html

It's a thin crust, but it's a good one.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Iron Lung posted:

Anyone have any good recipes for gluten-free dough that don't use eggs? I've used the Bob's Red Mill pre-packaged dough and its not bad, just wondering if there's anything better out there. Should I try to just use some preexisting recipes and sub in GF flour and adjust for hydration etc?

Vegan gluten-free pizza dough recipe:
http://melomeals.blogspot.com/2010/12/frugan-oh-that-gluten-free-pizza.html

Made a "clean out the fridge pizza" the other day, this has broccoli, fresh jalapenos, pickled jalapenos, chipotle-flavored pickled onions, and a various black olives. The cheese was a mix of smoked Gouda, sharp cheddar and Romano.
Seen here on my $3.20 Home Depot pizza stone.

The girlfriend introduced me to a new flour that makes great pizza dough: King Arthur White Whole Wheat flour. Made a fantastic crust, you folks should try it sometime.

Squashy Nipples fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Apr 5, 2013

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

I had an interesting pizza failure the other day.

Thin crust, baked on tiles in the oven, but the middle part of the crust didn't cook all the way through. I believe I put too many toppings in the middle, including wet things like artichoke hearts. Too much mass, too much moisture, and it didn't cook fast enough.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Elderbean posted:

Newbie here.

Am I supposed to form the pizza directly on the peel, then slide it onto the stone? I assume I'll need a bit of flour or something to keep it from sticking.

Yes. Pizza should be baked right on the stone, or right on the rack. That said, I've been tinkering with baking thinner pizzas on a silpat, which in turn goes directly on the rack. Works great.

You can use "a bit of flour" to keep it from sticking, but the traditional choice is coarse cornmeal.