Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
My parents keep a sourdough starter going all the time, and cook all their pizzas on a stone, on the barbeque. Always amazing, much better than the ones from their gas oven. It's in constant demand whenever we have family get-togethers and stuff, and I'm entirely covetous of my dad's big swanky grill (as well as my mom's antique gas oven/range which belonged to her mother and was recently transported a couple thousand miles to her newly remodeled kitchen.)

If it wasn't for the need to keep wood on-hand, I'd be working on a brick oven but will probably settle for a swanky bbq grill instead. :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

FogHelmut posted:

It not hot out so that means pizza time.

I ran out of bread flour, so my dough is 2/3 bread flour and 1/3 whole wheat flour.

I had some peppers laying around, so I threw that on there with some Porkroll. (Taylor Ham for those of you in North Jersey.)

I use the baking sheet as a peel. Slid it onto the stone and cooked 15 minutes or so at 550.

Went thick crust today.
Just a minor tip that I learned working at Pizza Hut: spread your ingredients more densely toward the edges, because it all pulls inward when cooking. You'll have more good stuff rather than 2" of "bare crust" around the edges of your pie. :)