Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

flyboi posted:

Not too expensive and accurate +/-1G http://www.amazon.com/EatSmart-Precision-Digital-Kitchen-Silver/dp/B001N07KUE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1325562529&sr=8-1

Just throw a thing of tupperware on it and measure away!

I got this one about a year ago and it still measures spot on and I've only replaced the batteries once. Really helps you get consistent results with any baking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

angor posted:

Crepes?

That looks like it has an inward lip, making crepes you really need the opposite so that you can dip the cooking surface into the batter. Unless you want to make thick crepes like some kind of barbarian.

Quesadillas would probably go well in that thing. Or massive pancakes. Anything flat, circular, and you would have trouble flipping once you pass a certain diameter.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

THE MACHO MAN posted:

san marzanos for sure. I finally tried cooking with them a month or two ago. Way better.

I use tuttorosso as a backup for san marzano if the market is out/doesn't have them for whatever reason.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

ogopogo posted:

big and beautiful :biglips: sourdough cheese and pepperoni.

I wish my oven worked well enough to get that char, the damned thing pretty much doesn't have heat from the top (like the broiler just doesn't work). I have to get creative with layers of stone directly above my pizza stone to try to get the heat radiating from above, and that barely works.