Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kathandrion
Jul 10, 2009
I would do a precooked crust type thing.

Bagels (which is pretty much what a pretzel is) and pizza are pretty compatible in the first place, so I was actually expecting a lot from the name of the dish.

Use a standard pretzel recipe (do a lye dip if you're a man) and preshape it into rounds before the dip, as if it were a pizza. Then bake it off as you normally would a pretzel. Here is a random pretzel recipe I found

The tricky part is turning the mustard into a sauce. I think they are on to something with the cream cheese mustard sauce, but it would probably be better to turn it into a bechemel and add the dijon or even an English style mustard. This way you get a much saucier-type finish that will spread easily and there's a lot of pizza precedent for it in the form of chicken alfredo pizzas and spinach-artichoke pizzas.

Add the sauce and the cheese (nothing wrong with the muenster here) and fry up the brats properly, drain, slice and add to the top.

Throw that into the oven the way you normally would a pizza (500 degrees+ etc etc) until the cheese is melty.

For the finishing touch, I thought of something that I've never tried, and which might be either horrible or awesome. Melt a tablespoon of butter and mix in some dry mustard powder, oregano and red chili flake and brush it onto the crust of the finished pizza.

I have never tried anything remotely like this dish in my life, but in my head the finished product seems awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU