Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Has anyone found any decent plans for a wood-fired oven? I'm doing my garden over spring/summer and would like to get an oven built somewhere in there because gently caress, I love pizza.

I've been using a mild variation on Varasano's method, basically the only thing I measure is the water and that's done me fine for a good 12 months or so, leaving it to ferment in the fridge makes it so so good. Are there any other particularly good ways to do a base which tastes like that?

Edit: now with pics!

Bog standard mozzarella using the hour rise style dough.

The now pizza party standard reggae reggae sauce pizza (we did this wayyyy before Dominos ever did). It's been agreed it's so tasty that it now become the de rigeur sauce.

And this was one from last week, same as above. Slow rise over 4/5 days this one.

Olympic Mathlete fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Apr 12, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Cpt. Spring Types posted:

I think it's a pizza with this stuff on it. Sounds pretty good to me.

That's the exact stuff, it is wonderful. I used to make your standard tomato base sauce which was good until one night my housemate asked if we had any dips. I pulled out that stuff and when she tried it she said it was delicious. After trying it for myself I confirmed it was indeed super tasty. At this point we made a half and half pizza sauce/reggae sauce but the tomato just got overpowered so we went reggae alone with great results.

Another thing that's drat good is Chinese sweet chilli sauce instead of tomato/reggae. Chuck a bit of cheese over it and enjoy.

Also thanks for the links, I'll have a good read very soon.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

How would eggs affect a dough being cold risen in the fridge? I mean is there a point where I'd get sick eating pizza due to the age of the egg? School me, I honestly have no clue about it.