Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rule .303
Dec 9, 2011
(Instructions are just some other guy's opinion)

lifts cats over head posted:

How do I make the crust on final product softer? I don't have my recipe handy but I remember I used a ratio of 3:1 of flour to liquid and let it rise for about two hours at room temperature, divided the dough and let it rise again for an hour or so. Baked it on a ~550 degree stone.

The end result was crispy and tasted fine, however I'd like to try a softer crust as well.

Any suggestions?

How much of a purist are you?
Use a bread-dough recipe, or mix in potato flakes. The potato flakes also reduce the gluten which reduces the spring and toughness if you don't let the dough rest long enough, and you can keep unused dough in the fridge with less drying out.
That's if you cook like I do. If you aim to cook well I may not be the person to give you advice.

Now, for midwest fusion cuisine: has anyone rolled out the pizza dough and put on your sauce, cheese and toppings, and then rolled up and cut it up like cinnamon rolls? I suspect it would either be good or lead to serious injury.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU