Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pim01
Oct 22, 2002

Walk Away posted:

Also, you can save lots of time by portioning and freezing your dough

I've got a really stupid question on this - do I freeze the dough immediately after kneading, or after letting it rise? I sort of suspect the cold will kill off the yeast so I should store after rising but have no idea if that's actually right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pim01
Oct 22, 2002

Ah cool, I'll freeze it risen then since I'm lazy :). Cheers guys!

pim01
Oct 22, 2002

Plus measuring by weight is actually easier than measuring by volume - chuck stuff in the bowl, hit Tare, chuck the next batch of stuff in. Nicer than using three measuring cups to get 2 3/4 cup :).

pim01
Oct 22, 2002

FogHelmut posted:

I go the simple route with my pizza sauce

- Can of tomatoes, drained (whole or diced)
- Heavy pinch of kosher salt
- 3 or 4 fresh basil leaves
- Blend

Sometimes I add a clove of garlic, sometimes I don't.

This is exactly what I do, but I add half a ball of mozzerella. Having some cheese in the sauce is nice :).

It's great cause you just chuck everything into the blender, pulse it a few times and your sauce it's ready to go. It'll cook just fine on the pizza.

pim01
Oct 22, 2002

Khachapuri work really well too (and are amazing)

pim01
Oct 22, 2002

Ooh awesome! Congrats :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pim01
Oct 22, 2002

It's pretty easy to move about yeah - the carrying case is excellent and makes it super easy to move around,at least for our little 12.

Although if you're sticking it in a car you might want to seperate the chimney, it's a bit of an awkward shape to fit otherwise.