Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

glompix
Jan 19, 2004

propane grill-pilled
We made a pizza tonight. Deep dish, chicago-style, chorizo, and pepperoni.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

glompix
Jan 19, 2004

propane grill-pilled

ExiledTinkerer posted:

That is one glorious looking deep dish there glompix---stokes my appetite!

What kind of chorizo did you use?

This brand called Old Folk's. We did use chorizo from Whole Foods, but Old Folk's is at Kroger and comes ground instead of as links which is better.

glompix
Jan 19, 2004

propane grill-pilled

smarion2 posted:

Glad this thread is back. Went deep dish Chicago style myself tonight.

It's a little messy and needs to be eaten with a fork and knife but drat if this wasn't one of the best pizza's I've ever had. Went pepperoni, sauteed garlic, mushrooms, onions and peppers. Topped with homemade tomato sauce, and parmigiana cheese. Oh and of course I put a layer of fresh mozzarella and provolone on the bottom.

What do you do for sauce? I feel like our sauce is our weak point. We buy peeled, canned tomatoes and crush them, but it ends up a little too runny/pulpy for my liking. Still really good, though! Chicago style best style. :hfive: