Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Queen Elizatits
May 3, 2005

Haven't you heard?
MARATHONS ARE HARD

Cpt. Spring Types posted:

God that looks amazing. The only thing I miss about living in SC is the tons of basil I could grow and make pesto with :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queen Elizatits
May 3, 2005

Haven't you heard?
MARATHONS ARE HARD
Buy a big terracotta pot bottom they cost like $5 and work great!

Queen Elizatits
May 3, 2005

Haven't you heard?
MARATHONS ARE HARD
Made this today. Sweet potatoes are good on a pizza!

Queen Elizatits
May 3, 2005

Haven't you heard?
MARATHONS ARE HARD
Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I thought technically you weren't even supposed to precook canned tomatoes for pizza because you bake it at such a high heat.
Regardless the best sauce I've ever had are canned crushed San Marzano tomatoes.

Queen Elizatits
May 3, 2005

Haven't you heard?
MARATHONS ARE HARD
This is my first attempt and I am now a huge fan of the skillet method for cooking pizza. Sorry for the blurry pictures

Crust is perfectly cooked, took less than five minutes, and no preheating the oven? Yes please.

Queen Elizatits
May 3, 2005

Haven't you heard?
MARATHONS ARE HARD

Nostrum posted:

Not one of my best looking (forgot to pound it out to get all the big bubbles out, so they burned a bit), but definitely one of my best tasting. Pure sourdough on this one, no baking yeast. A WARM rise experiment. This batch rose for about 36 hours at room temperature.

And some structure. Really happy with the rise on this one.

This looks so amazing. We used some of the starter you gave us last night after I had been neglecting it for months and it still rose like a champ.

Queen Elizatits
May 3, 2005

Haven't you heard?
MARATHONS ARE HARD
Cast iron pizza is the best easiest thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queen Elizatits
May 3, 2005

Haven't you heard?
MARATHONS ARE HARD

Moey posted:

Is that an egg?

Oops I totally forgot I posted that in here, sorry for not answering you but yes that is an egg. I think it would have been a little better if I hadn't cooked it the entire time I cooked the pizza so it would have been a little bit runnier.

Thoogsby posted:

Anyone have a dough recipe for Cast Iron Pizza?

Any pizza dough recipe you want that is part of the reason it is so great. It is so hard to mess up cast iron pizza. I don't preheat the bottom of the pan anymore, I just spread the dough in there so you can do anything from a really high hydration ciabatta rip off dough to a thick bagel dough type.