Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mad_Lion
Jul 14, 2005

I've been making my own pizzas at home for a while now, but using pre-made crusts (don't judge!). Making my own crust is definitely next on the agenda, but first I'd like a critique of my sauce, and then advice on dough.

I made a couple today, and they were delicious. I think with a real crust, they would have been better than pizzaria quality. Here's a picture of the leftover one (we ate the other too fast for a pic!) Also, it's in a pizza box that I saved from a take out. This one was better than the take out!

Here's the sauce that I make:

One of those small cans tomato paste, and the same can filled with filtered water.
3-4 garlic cloves
1 tsp. dried oregano
1/4 tsp. dried basil
1 tsp. sugar
half a tbsp. olive oil
1/2 tsp or a little more salt
a good amount of cracked black pepper (maybe a quarter tsp.? this I don't measure)

I mix the water with the paste until it's combined, throw the garlic cloves in the food processor, dump in the tomato puree, and everything else, and pulse until blended well.

-----

This sauce is pretty delicious, IMO.

For the pizzas I just made, I used the premade crust, spread the sauce out (it makes enough for two 12" pizzas), layer provolone slices, thinly sliced zucchini, red bell pepper, red onion, and mushrooms, and then covered it all with some grated parmesan. After baking on high heat for 10 minutes, I took them out and then sprinkled a little bit of "italian seasoning blend" on top.

They were amazing, but the crust was not so great (store bought)

-----------------------

What's the easiest way to make dough? Also, any thing I could tweak about the sauce?

Mad_Lion fucked around with this message at 11:05 on Mar 25, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU