Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
My dough recipe (adopted/modified from Jeff Varasano's recipe to work with a hand mixer):

Makes enough dough for 2 pies and a thing of breadsticks
330g water
520g AP flour
18g salt
50g starter at 100% hydration

Mix ~75% of flour, all starter and water in bowl. Using the mixer let mix for ~6 minutes until fully blended and smooth. Cover and rest for 1 hour. Add salt and mix for another 6 minutes then work the remaining flour in by hand, kneading a total of 8-10 minutes. Turn dough out, separate and let rest another 40-60 minutes. Store in fridge for 1-6 days in lightly oiled & floured containers until fully risen. Before cooking set out to warm up before baking.

This dough is rather wet so kind of a pain to work with. I've found cornmeal to work best and working directly on the peel, shaking to make sure that it isn't stuck. I'm not a fan of parchment paper because it doesn't allow the stone to absorb moisture from the crust. I typically stretch the crust out, cook for ~20 minutes and then put my toppings on as I like a consistently crunchy pizza throughout. Also for stretching the dough you should work with it until it starts to shrink after stretching. Once it shrinks let the dough rest for 5 minutes and continue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

indoflaven posted:

So does everyone overseas have a scale? How do you measure like that without one?

Not too expensive and accurate +/-1G http://www.amazon.com/EatSmart-Precision-Digital-Kitchen-Silver/dp/B001N07KUE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1325562529&sr=8-1

Just throw a thing of tupperware on it and measure away!