Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TigerMoJo
Mar 11, 2008

I'm always mesmerized when people say there's nothing on Netflix. We completely cut cable last year and just watch Netflix. And after 1 year we haven't run out of things to watch, in fact I seriously don't know when I will ever find the time to watch everything in my queue. We're catching up on TV series we never had time to watch before, there's tons of interesting documentaries, and of course tons of movies!

I'm not a normal Cine-D poster outside of the animation thread so maybe these are old hat, but they're some of the movies I've recently watched and adored, though I'd probably never have heard of them if it weren't for Netflix.

Mary & Max
This is a claymation centering around a little girl in Australia with messed up parents and a sad life. She ends up becoming penpals with an aspie in New York City. The story is about how they affect each other's lives deeply over the miles. Huge tearjerker.

Skin
This is based on a true story of a black child born to white parents in South Africa during Apartheid. Really emotional and educational about how messed up apartheid was.

Snow Falling on Cedars
The story dragged a little but the cinematography was very interesting and beautiful. It's a murder mystery with a side of romance steeped in the tension of Japanese people living in Northwest America during WWII.

On the less serious side of things I noticed Super Troopers is on instant watch today. Most have probably seen it but it's a great comedy about Vermont state troopers trying to prove they aren't useless to avoid losing their jobs.

I have many more but it's late and I'm forgetting. I also looked up some I wanted to suggest but they're no longer instant queue. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread