Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grok
Jul 23, 2006

ZOMBIE uses BITE!
It's super effective!
Lipstick Apathy

Wreckus posted:

1 can cream of mushroom (gently caress the haters, I like it :colbert:)]

What are they actually asking for here? Cream of mushroom soup comes up in a lot of recipes, but due to some food allergies I can't just buy a can of Campbell's. I try to just add milk or something but it's never the same.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grok
Jul 23, 2006

ZOMBIE uses BITE!
It's super effective!
Lipstick Apathy

neogeo0823 posted:

If anyone has any suggestions for recipes, I'd love to hear them. We've probably got a dozen cans of vegetables that I'd like to start working through.

I usually use canned veggies for my shepherd's pies. It's sort of a mushy dish anyway, so it doesn't bother me.

What kinds of canned veggies do you have?

I have some canned spinach that was left in my cupboard from Christmas and I have absolutely no idea what to do with it besides having Popeye over for lunch.

Grok
Jul 23, 2006

ZOMBIE uses BITE!
It's super effective!
Lipstick Apathy

neogeo0823 posted:

That's every can of food we have. The mess wasn't organized until now, so I didn't even realize we had 7 cans of applesauce just laying around. :psyduck:

Slow cooker chili was the first thing that jumped out at me with all of those canned beans. And I can eat tuna on everything, but tuna casserole is pretty good.
Corn pudding maybe? That's the only thing I know to do with creamed corn that tastes like real food.

If you're like me and don't love canned soup by itself, I'm a big fan of just throwing some rice, the soup, and sometimes some meat in a bowl and eating it with crackers.

Here's something I've been meaning to try with cranberry sauce.

Oh! And cream of mushroom plus green beans equals green bean casserole!

I love the "make a list of what you have and then try to make meals based around it" game. It forces me to try things and be frugal at the same time.

Grok
Jul 23, 2006

ZOMBIE uses BITE!
It's super effective!
Lipstick Apathy

neogeo0823 posted:

My gf likes to make chicken salad with cranberry sauce in it. She likes it, I'm kinda weirded out by it.

That sounds really weird. Will you share her recipe so I can force my boyfriend to eat it?