Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jack Skeleton
Dec 7, 2006
Not really an in depth piece to add but I would suggest looking into the local ethnic markets. I noticed they have some really great sales on their fruits/veggies. Local Mexican chain of stores has weekly one-day sales and it's pretty normal to get 6-9 pounds of onions for $1. 6 heads of corn for $0.99 and tomatoes at $1 per 4 pounds.

I've also noticed this in the local Asian dense areas of the city. Their markets will have a slew of ingredients that you may often not find in the big markets at a fraction of the cost.

Add in that this will spice up your menu from your average Americanized food options.

Also buy and cook what is in season and look into slow cookers. Buying a whole slab of pork or beef slab will come out cheaper by the pound when you're buying more of it and breaking it down yourself.

Beans are also a wonderful fruit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU