Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Randomity
Feb 25, 2007

Careful what you wish,
You may regret it!

Admiral Snuggles posted:

Lots of good stuff in this thread. More advice. Eggs and ham. Buy an 18 dollar ham it will last you a month and a half as a single person. Ham and eggs. Ham sandwiches. Stuff a chicken breast with some ham and cheese and you are pretty drat close to cordon blue (the original double down). Wrap a cheese stick in ham and you have ghetto prosciutto wrapped mozzarella.

Also, eggs can be cooked in so many ways it is insane. My favorite is fried with salt, pepper, and some italian seasoning from that italian seasoning grinder you were supposed to buy.

Edit: serve with ham

If you have freezer space, stock up on hams after ham holidays, like Easter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randomity
Feb 25, 2007

Careful what you wish,
You may regret it!

Authentic You posted:

And some salt and pepper, I guess - the interesting part about the bay and cinnamon is that it doesn't feel like it really needs much salt, and the cookbook recipe didn't call for it).

Cooking wine has a poo poo ton of salt added to it to make it undrinkable so it can be sold without a liquor license.

edit: I may be wrong about the reason, that's just an assumption I've made, but the fact is that cooking wine is very, very salty,

Randomity fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Mar 6, 2012