Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Most all veggies are good just sauteed with some oil salt and pepper. Grab some cheap protean and braise/stew for an easy and different use. Use garlic. Dopn't be afraid to make a simple marinara if tomatoes are still at the farmers market in your region. Easy pasta, eggplant parm etc...

Learn to braise meat and you'll cook with cheaper cuts but also the braise itself will involve veggies which are normally reduced with the liquid to make an amazing sauce on either the meat or something simple like carrots or mashed potatoes.

For breakfast incorporate them into eggs via omelets or scrambled or saute and make a hollandaise sauce for them. Hell, use a hollandaise for dinner too. If I am cooking healthy though I prefer fruit and yogurt for breakfast and save veggies for lunch/dinner.

Also just browse ethic cuisine to get more savvy to make them into a cheap veggie curry and the like. Indian and Asain food convert veggies into tasty treats.

And beans, lots of beans. Although that's been covered.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

If you are going to eat ramen, just cook it as instructed, toss in some fish sauce and one or two poached eggs in the ramen "broth" or cook it in as little liquid as possible and just cook the eggs dirrectly to the noodle.

I am refering to fake ramen of course.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

refried

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

skillet pizzas

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

While I'm not British I assume gravy granules are bullion powder

I threw some acid in a broccoli soup not realizing it'd end up looking so lovely that I couldn't eat it given the flavors experienced. It was then I learned presentation matters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

I never got this paranoia. You see it in the sous vide thread too. If poo poo breaks you'll be out of a meal. If there's a fire it'll be a standard electrical outlet fire which has no more likelyhood to occur with a crock pot.

/E - trying to find any instances of a crock pot fire just spoiled a TV show I likely will never watch. Be wary goons.