Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Moey posted:

Wasn't shooting for a ban on that post, was just rambling on my cheap eating habits. As for homebrew, I think it is awesome, but I mostly consume whiskey (nothing fancy either :(, building a still may be somewhere down the road for myself). Also good call on the vitamins, that's probably something worth an investment for myself.

Fair warning: Owning and/or operating a still is a federal crime, the BATFE does NOT look kindly on it. Not to mention the possibility of blowing yourself up.

Content:

If you have an actual butcher that you shop at even semifrequently, there's a good chance you can get free bones (for stock), free fat (for sausage), and possibly other scraps for stews and whatnot if you just ask. That stuff is all waste for him - you'll probably have to show up at a certain time on a certain day, but it can be worth it if you're going to make 30 pounds of korv.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Borracho beans, serve over rice. Make a main dish if you want but I'll have just beans and rice in a pinch - just add some veggies/aromatics, and maybe some sausage if you want extra meat.