Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fuzzy Pipe Wrench
Nov 5, 2008

MAYBE DON'T STEAL BEER FROM GOONS?

CHEERS!
(FUCK YOU)

DownByTheWooter posted:

50-packs of condoms.

Well paying for condoms is for chumps. Go to a health services place and they'll hand them out by the giant paper bag full.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuzzy Pipe Wrench
Nov 5, 2008

CHEERS!
(FUCK YOU)
The only ethnic market near me is a high-end Indian restaurant that's also a high-end Indian grocer. Lots of very small Latin shops, but none have bulk spices/beans/rice. Just lots of imported sodas and snacks. But on a whim I checked out an organic/high-end grocer which turned out to be a locally owned co-op with spectacular prices. So yeah look for co-ops disguised as high end grocers.

Fuzzy Pipe Wrench
Nov 5, 2008

CHEERS!
(FUCK YOU)

brick cow posted:

Roasted broccoli with mushrooms, garlic, onions and a bit of olive oil is fantastic.

I may have described inaccurately. 10-12 minutes is from when I turn on the heat. It isn't actually steaming that long. I like a fork to penetrate but it still is pretty solid.

e: Also, where in America are pork chops a cheap cut? I'd eat pork chops every day if they were even on par with chicken prices. Tell me! I will move there.

Anywhere I've lived in Florida has had pork about on par with buying white meat chicken cuts here. Sometimes cheaper if its on sale.

Fuzzy Pipe Wrench
Nov 5, 2008

CHEERS!
(FUCK YOU)

TychoCelchuuu posted:

It's a little tough because I don't track individual dishes and because I don't start over anew each month, but here is a spreadsheet documenting nine months worth of my food purchases that average out to $47 per month. Some of what I ate during the first month of these nine months was stuff I had bought previously, so that doesn't factor into the spreadsheet, but I still have a bit of this food in my pantry and anyways I have an extra $3 per month that I could've spent. Also I have occasional meals paid for from other sources that don't come from stuff I cook, but those are once or twice a month at most.

If anyone wants to see every single item of food I've purchased since January of last year, I've got the data...

Where do you live because holy poo poo those are some amazing prices on: All of the Vegetables.

Fuzzy Pipe Wrench
Nov 5, 2008

CHEERS!
(FUCK YOU)
I'm jealous of people with local butchers that are actually of a good quality. I can choose between the typical high-end grocery chain fare where I know for a fact I'm getting a good quality product, but I am also paying out the rear end for it and they are limited in what they can do for me. Or going to a local meat/butcher place where any actual information about the meat is basically non-extant and the base quality is incredibly variable.