Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hellwuzzat
Nov 28, 2008
Not sure how these would apply to your budget, but boiled eggs, fresh fruit, and nuts are how I keep my budget down and keep myself from having to cook more than 2-3 times a week. You might also look into roasts. Eat roast with taters and poo poo, then leftovers make sammiches. When you're sick of sammiches, you make a soup or stew.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellwuzzat
Nov 28, 2008
1 lb. burger
1 can mushroom soup (Campbell's was good. Store brand was bad. YMMV)
seasonings (I use garlic and rosemary, but you ould try just putting steak spice or pepper)

Make burger into palm, sized patties, fry. Alternatively, cook like you would for a taco.
Remove burger from pan.
Put can of soup in pan, fill empty can half way with water. Dump that in, too. Add seasonings.
Blend soup and water with fork or whisk. Simmer at medium heat. Stir. Reduce heat.
Add burger. Cover. Stir occasionally. Allow 10-15 minutes for flavours to merge and soup to thicken.

I suggest serving over mashed taters or rice.

e: cheap way to stretch the burger further is to add 2 eggs and crushed soda crackers or cornflakes. Whatever it is the kids use these days.

Hellwuzzat fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Jan 4, 2012